• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Redbacks

International Captain
Getting angry with the crowd reminds me of what happened to a footy fan who thought it would be funny to call Dean Brogan a d***head at the airport.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nice of Ponting to try and give me what I wanted and run himself on 99, played though.
Need to get highlights of this Clarke knock.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Healy just confirmed himself a **** by placing Howard in the same category as Hawke as PM. Fmd.

Was great to see Hawkey received universally well as he walked among the people in the crowd, then when they cut away to Howard (sitting with Hyacinth up in the stand with no mates) the crowd at the ground booed him.

Quite right too.

**** he is.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Healy just confirmed himself a **** by placing Howard in the same category as Hawke as PM. Fmd.

Was great to see Hawkey received universally well as he walked among the people in the crowd, then when they cut away to Howard (sitting with Hyacinth up in the stand with no mates) the crowd at the ground hoped him.

Quite right too.

**** he is.
lol.

Burgey

Nice of Ponting to try and give me what I wanted and run himself on 99, played though.
Need to get highlights of this Clarke knock.
Without sounding flippant, the whole thing pretty well was. A brilliant innings.

Redbacks

International Captain
Without sounding flippant, the whole thing pretty well was. A brilliant innings.
Old Lawson 'the optimist' still wasn't happy with a Freudian slip in for good measure: "Not a gracious..I mean graceful way to bring up a ton"

Spark

Global Moderator
Some of the shots he played after getting to 150 were absurd. Especially that back-foot flay through cover and that lazy flick over midwicket.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I actually thought Clarke looked really pretty early in his innings while I was at the ground yesterday and was pretty lucky to still be there. Sublime today though, obvs.

Burgey

Old Lawson 'the optimist' still wasn't happy with a Freudian slip in for good measure: "Not a gracious..I mean graceful way to bring up a ton"
Loved he and Drew Morphett bitching about the pace of play just before it after tea when a simple exercise in maths even at that stage told you India was going to bowl its overs easily within time.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
That bad old Indian feeling of waiting for the declaration is back. In fact it never went away, even when the team was doing well and rising towards No. 1 or defending that ranking. It happened against South Africa in Nagpur, against New Zealand in Napier, against Sri Lanka in Galle, against South Africa in Centurion and against England in all four Tests. More than any other team, India come out looking bad - it is a matter of relative speaking, really, because teams don't come out looking good after such days.

It is a difficult time to be in the field when your bating has failed, and the opposition can bat freely because of the meagreness of your total. At some point or the other, every team has to face these situations in Test cricket. With modern scoring rates, you tend to come out having conceded close to 350 runs on an average. Some teams deal with these days better than others. India isn't one of those teams. They don't do this well; they have never done this well.
Australia v India, 2nd Test, Sydney: India wait for a declaration, again | Cricket Features | Australia v India | ESPN Cricinfo

Oh I feel just a little bit of nostalgia reading articles like this :p.

Redbacks

International Captain
I like the home advantage Indian conditions offer. Maybe in domestic cricket a few more would be fine.
Just somewhere that pace bowlers can go and regain their mojo. I reckon if Yadav and Sharma played domestic cricket elsewhere they would develop and be better bowlers. As for the wheel of mediocrity as TS Elliot put it:

'It would be foolish to think we can turn the wheel on which we turn.'

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Well there are pitches in India that do offer swing. Bounce is less common though - and could be useful for batsmen and bowlers.

The problems with Indian domestic system is much deeper than pitches. It's with professionalism, fitness, etc. You can't be giving away 25+ runs an innings due to missed singles and poor fielding. The players need to have learned their game way better than they seem to by the time they make a Test debut.