• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Well. He has a reasonable field for this over, and guess what, he's bowled a few decent balls.

That's a top shot though, that was outside off.
Yeah it does have a huge affect on a bowler's mindset, as a bowler I know that.

Clarke walking across his stumps now, that's progress for India, whether successful or not.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yadav is rubbish.

I'll qualify this by saying it's quite conceivable that I've missed his good spells as the only full day I've watched was day 4 at Melbourne, but he's been absolute piss any time I've watched him. He's a 5mph faster version of Sreesanth.
I'll go against the grain and say I thought his first few overs today were quite good. Good line and a hint of swing. Ever since he's switched ends and Dhoni's started ****ing around with the fields, he's been rubbish however.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Dhoni did this plenty of times in England, in fact things got waaaaay worse than this (declaration bowling wise). Happened whenever a large partnership formed.
My personal favourite was definitely bowling Raina after Lunch on Day 4 at Lord's, baffling.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah it does have a huge affect on a bowler's mindset, as a bowler I know that.

Clarke walking across his stumps now, that's progress for India, whether successful or not.
They've managed to play him from circumspect to "let's smash some fours" mode. That's not a good thing.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Yadav is rubbish.

I'll qualify this by saying it's quite conceivable that I've missed his good spells as the only full day I've watched was day 4 at Melbourne, but he's been absolute piss any time I've watched him. He's a 5mph faster version of Sreesanth.
He's not terrible. He's raw (I know people use this far too often to excuse erratic bowling but its true), but he's got good seam position and seems to get late swing at times, something rare for an Indian quick, so should definitely be persisted with. His main weakness for me is his height, means he has to work harder than a Finn, Pattinson or De Lange.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
He's not terrible. He's raw (I know people use this far too often to excuse erratic bowling but its true), but he's got good seam position and seems to get late swing at times, something rare for an Indian quick, so should definitely be persisted with. His main weakness for me is his height, means he has to work harder than a Finn, Pattinson or De Lange.
No, his main weakness is inconsistency. If he can sort that out he'll be a gun bowler.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
:wub:

I have to qualify everything I've said this morning by saying this is the partnership I've been waiting for for two years.

Ruckus

International Captain
Yeah this Yadav looks poor. Thought he looked good against the Windies, but this is just piss.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Not going to defend this from Yadav, but its easily the worst he's ever bowled. Never bowled this badly against WI, even on flatter tracks, and whilst he wasn't great on day 4 of the MCG test he had poor fields from Dhoni.

He wasn't amazing on day 1 and day 3 of the MCG test but he was good. This is **** from him.

Hopefully he'll learn from this and it doesn't occur again.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Rubbish bowling by Yadav. Bowling with no plan and is hardly landing two deliveries in the same zone. Needed to bowl well early because the second, third and fourth spells for today will be hot.