• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Assumed Ponting would be gone for his standard 60 when by the time I got home but obviously not. Assume India have been bowling and fielding like they did in England?

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anyone figured out what Dhoni is trying to do yet?

Yadav is a raw, somewhat random quick. He is what he is, setting weird defensive fields is pointless - it just nullifies his threat whilst he's still going to leak runs all over the place.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Yep, no confidence being shown in them either which doesn't help matters.
Definitely agree, but sometimes you've got to gain the captain's confidence by bowling more than three balls in a row in the same spot, which these guys aren't doing. Just to be clear though - I am definitely not defending Dhoni.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Who was it saying this was a good attack in the making for India?

Me thinks they were wrong anyway.

This has been pathetic today by the Indians, no other word for it.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Declaration bowling like.. need zaheer to have one of those out of the blue reverse swing spell or else the game is gone for india
Dhoni did this plenty of times in England, in fact things got waaaaay worse than this (declaration bowling wise). Happened whenever a large partnership formed.

Spark

Global Moderator
Definitely agree, but sometimes you've got to gain the captain's confidence by bowling more than three balls in a row in the same spot, which these guys aren't doing. Just to be clear though - I am definitely not defending Dhoni.
Well. He has a reasonable field for this over, and guess what, he's bowled a few decent balls.

That's a top shot though, that was outside off.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Who was it saying this was a good attack in the making for India?

Me thinks they were wrong anyway.

This has been pathetic today by the Indians, no other word for it.
Yadav is rubbish.

I'll qualify this by saying it's quite conceivable that I've missed his good spells as the only full day I've watched was day 4 at Melbourne, but he's been absolute piss any time I've watched him. He's a 5mph faster version of Sreesanth.