• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in South Africa 2011/12

MrPrez

International Debutant
I think that Dilshan wanted to put SA in whilst their batsmen were feeling the pressure (from the previous test). If SL batted well, our batsmen would feel more confident looking at the true pitch.

Wow, don't be stupid Jacques!

Xuhaib

International Coach
dire from Dilshan had lanka put up 400+ batting first the chokers would have started bricking it.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Wait Dilshan inserted them? Lols

Looks like a couple of top innings from Kallis and Virus (I said before he should never have been dropped).

MrPrez

International Debutant
Fully expecting de Villiers to look useless in his first 30 balls before turning on the flair.

Nigel Benjamin

U19 12th Man
Some SABC commentators are pretty good. Really enjoying Neil Manthorpe and Neil Johnson, but Peter Kirsten has been pretty annoying. I guess it's better than listening to Russell Arnold!

MrPrez

International Debutant
Indeed, Manthorpe is quality, and Neil Johnson is the most awesome commentator in the world!

Nigel Benjamin

U19 12th Man
Can someone help me understand what Perera is doing in the Lankan test side. A crappy average, strike rate, he's awfully expensive most of the time and he doesn't bowl any wicket takin deliveries.

Himannv

International Coach
Can someone help me understand what Perera is doing in the Lankan test side. A crappy average, strike rate, he's awfully expensive most of the time and he doesn't bowl any wicket takin deliveries.
The selectors performed the cricketing equivalent of a blind man playing blind man's bluff when selecting their bowlers for the series.