• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Similar to Steyn in that regard, seems to bowl better as the day goes on and he settles into a rhythm.

Also recall this is his first game at the SCG (at FC level or above, anyway)
Didn't he take his 6 wicket haul in an OD game at the SCG? Or was it somewhere else?

Hahahaha is Clarke really using a bat with no sponsor's stickers? Old school.
Talk is that there's a massive contract with his name on it, to be announced soon.

Spark

Global Moderator
Didn't he take his 6 wicket haul in an OD game at the SCG? Or was it somewhere else?

Talk is that there's a massive contract with his name on it, to be announced soon.
Aw. Enjoying seeing his stickerless batting, makes for quality nostalgia vibes.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Aw. Enjoying seeing his stickerless batting, makes for quality nostalgia vibes.
Practiced with a Slazenger bat yesterday fwiw.

Just watched Kohli's out again just now. That was a cracking ball from Siddle.

Spark

Global Moderator
That might also explain why apparently half of Australian professional cricket is using his old bat type, he must be giving the things away like candy. Seen that bat used by so many people in the BBL.

Ruckus

International Captain
Practiced with a Slazenger bat yesterday fwiw.

Just watched Kohli's out again just now. That was a cracking ball from Siddle.
Do you know anywhere that has extended highlights in reasonable quality? The ones CATV provides are too short.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I seem to be alone amongst the neutrals in not really getting any satisfaction out of India losing. Make it a contest ffs, the first Test was great.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I seem to be alone amongst the neutrals in not really getting any satisfaction out of India losing. Make it a contest ffs, the first Test was great.
Australia are definitely on top and I'd obviously put money on them to win from here, but until the last hour it was a good day's play.

Reckon sometimes the result of a series tarnishes the quality of cricket. The first two tests between England and India was actually good cricket. However because it was 2-0 it seemed **** for a neutral (which is understandable, a close overall scoreline is better for interest). The last two tests of course were horrible.

Hopefully the same doesn't happen here, whereby India completely capitulate for the rest of the series in all facets, which can't be ruled out.

Last edited:

Uppercut

Australia are definitely on top and I'd obviously put money on them to win from here, but until the last hour it was a good day's play.

Reckon sometimes the result of a series tarnishes the quality of cricket. The first two tests between England and India was actually good cricket. However because it was 2-0 it seemed **** for a neutral (which is understandable, a close overall scoreline is better for interest). The last two tests of course were horrible.

Hopefully the same doesn't happen here, whereby India completely capitulate for the rest of the series in all facets, which can't be ruled out.
Hmm, but even though it was good cricket for the first two tests England were still obviously the much better side. And it's been the same here, tbh.

Flem274*

123/5
This better not be another point where after losing to NZ, the losing team marches to number one.

Happened in 2008 with England, might happen here. It is now crucial we take a test from South Africa to throw matters into confusion, otherwise Australia might regain their number one ranking.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Hmm, but even though it was good cricket for the first two tests England were still obviously the much better side. And it's been the same here, tbh.
Here as in Sydney? Yeah that is true. Not Melbourne until day 4.

Obviously as a neutral it's better seeing a see-saw/close series. But I think the cricket on the whole has been pretty good for the 5 days so far.

Uppercut

Here as in Sydney? Yeah that is true. Not Melbourne until day 4.

Obviously as a neutral it's better seeing a see-saw/close series. But I think the cricket on the whole has been pretty good for the 5 days so far.
Australia still looked miles better in the first innings, things were just going sufficiently India's way to keep the game alive. Yadav got wickets despite being all over the place, two of Australia's top six got horrid decisions, Sehwag scored one of the worst 50s of all time. I backed India coming into the series but it didn't take too long of watching Pattinson and Hilf bowling and Laxman, Gambhir and Sehwag batting first time round to realise that was a mistake.