• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Was an awesome day of cricket. Had so much fun and apparently I featured on the news

So excited for Ponting tomorrow. Looks in great touch

Last edited:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Going tomorrow and on Thursday, so pumped. Hoping we don't do what India did last Test and throw away a commanding over night though. Chomping at the bit for a Clarke ton.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I actually thought Clarke was a bit streaky. Some sublime shots but got beaten a fair few times, a few outside edges and a few that he had no idea about (that attempted pull that went off the toe and on to the offside, the regulation catch to a nonexistent bat pad). Rode his luck, but that happens to everyone sometimes. Hopefully he cashes in.

adub

International Captain
How good is test cricket when the bowlers are on top, but not so much so that good batsmen can't make runs if they play well?

Spark

Global Moderator
I actually thought Clarke was a bit streaky. Some sublime shots but got beaten a fair few times, a few outside edges and a few that he had no idea about (that attempted pull that went off the toe and on to the offside, the regulation catch to a nonexistent bat pad). Rode his luck, but that happens to everyone sometimes. Hopefully he cashes in.
That over Yadav bowled where he hit three in a row was just sublime batting though.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Agree, Clarke looked terribly suspect in his first dozen of so deliveries

Spark

Global Moderator
Agree, Clarke looked terribly suspect in his first dozen of so deliveries
So like Clarke usually does, then.

If you're gonna get him, get him quick, because he is very good at cashing in on a start.

EDIT: Just to prove the point, averages 82.9 in innings of 20+ since his recall. Anything above 80 is very, very good in terms of cashing in (In this timeframe, Tendulkar is 86, North was 87.7 and Sanga is a truly absurd 99.98. Oh, and Shane Watson? A solid 59.8)

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
So like Clarke usually does, then.

If you're gonna get him, get him quick, because he is very good at cashing in on a start.

EDIT: Just to prove the point, averages 82.9 in innings of 20+ since his recall. Anything above 80 is very, very good in terms of cashing in (In this timeframe, Tendulkar is 86, North was 87.7 and Sanga is a truly absurd 99.98. Oh, and Shane Watson? A solid 59.8)
That Sanga stat does not surprise me one bit. His bat looks like a door when he stops feeling for it.

Him along with Ponting circa 2006 are the two best I've ever seen at cashing in when set.

Stapel

International Regular
Don't mind saying this 18 months early, it's going to be a cracking fast bowling shoot out in England in 2013 if both sides have close to a full compliment of quicks at their disposal.

Be fantastic watching.
I was thinking the same. I'm really looking forward to that. Might as well plan a trip or two to England

Spark

Global Moderator
That Sanga stat does not surprise me one bit. His bat looks like a door when he stops feeling for it.

Him along with Ponting circa 2006 are the two best I've ever seen at cashing in when set.
At his absolute peak, end of 06/beginning of 07, it was around 87 - Northesque, but not quite Sangaesque. Anything 80+ is as I said a bloody fine effort, but Sanga's is just ridiculous.

EDIT: mind you, this is for his whole career up 'til that point, which includes a not-so-flash period at the start

Last edited:

Ruckus

International Captain
Pretty good days cricket that. Would have only been improved if the person sitting near us stopped shouting "Get it in-d-ya" every time Aus got some runs, but nonetheless a very enjoyable day. Bowlers looked top notch again, Indian batsmen, bar Tendulkar and suprisingly Dhoni, looked poor. Our top order looks fragile as hell, and with each innings I'm starting to be less confident in Warner's ability, but on the positive side Ponting looked all class.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Would have only been improved if the person sitting near us stopped shouting "Get it in-d-ya" every time Aus got some runs, but nonetheless a very enjoyable day.
You have to give the bloke a break mate, he probably took a month to come up with it and was convinced if he kept saying it eventually someone would realise he's actually a ****ing comic genius.

Either that or he was just a bogan.