• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Technique wise Tendulkar has always been better than Dravid. Dravid certainly played far better than anyone else in England though, no one is doubting that.
Sachin is certainly more decisive than Dravid in terms of footwork, i.e either going forward or back and also in terms of head position and balance.

Dravid though is slightly better at playing inside the line late or covering for the seaming/swinging ball playing late.(As a result of which Dravid has always enjoyed playing in England).

Overall in all conditions, Sachin has always been better technique wise no doubt.

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
would not mind a Sachin 100 here Sydney and Oval were the two major grounds that first witnessed the genius of Tendualkar so will be fitting he gets his 100th 100 on one of these two.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Sachin is certainly more decisive than Dravid in terms of footwork, i.e either going forward or back and also in terms of head position and balance. Dravid though is slightly better at playing inside the line late or covering for the seaming/swinging bowl playing late.
Dravid is better at always making sure where his off stump is - Tendulkar too often goes nibbling when he shouldn't, but I would disagree with Dravid being better at covering seaming/swinging.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
would not mind a Sachin 100 here Sydney and Oval were the two major grounds that first witnessed the genius of Tendualkar so will be fitting he gets his 100th 100 on one of these two.
I'd mind. I want India thoroughly humiliated.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I'd mind. I want India thoroughly humiliated.
India don't care about Tests :p.

And the fans who do, will be thoroughly humiliated regardless of whether Sachin scores a 100 - if India can't score at the SCG, I don't see them scoring anywhere TBF.