• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Got star last match, and even today it started with Ian Chappel and Akram, then suddenly I start hearing Richie and Bill Lawry
Haha, yeah it was weird. But it's good because I want to hear Tony Greig bashing India. Will be good entertainment for a while.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That'll be the 'Sydney factor'
It's still baffling, I just don't see how Australia (who are about evens) are little more than twice as likely to win than India. Besides India are due at least half a dozen injuries in this game, given they had none last match.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
It was a fairly short delivery, not unplayable by any means.
Not unplayable but a good ball all the same, lifted a bit and didn't move down leg as he might've been expecting. He makes a split-second misjudgment and the armchair heroes are all over him.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sheesh, pretty tough appraisal imho. Gets a good ball against a quick bowler with a new ball before he's got his eye in and makes a slight misjudgment. Harsh to be overly critical.
Not at all, there was so much wrong with that shot it's not funny, the angle of the bat, the fact it was the first over of the day, saying nothing of the fact his previous two dismissals were also to simlar short deliveries, which makes that short all the more dire.

Not overly critical at all.

Woodster

International Captain
On the Gambhir dismissal, it's a shot from a man that is out of touch, no surprise there. He's seen it as an early opportunity to just tuck it away into the gaps on the legside and get himself a couple of easy runs, but when you're out of form you're impatient and don't wait for the ball to be in absolutely the right area to play it there and so you do end up looking like Gambhir just did.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
How do these morons get paid to talk about cricket? Dravid never had a rough patch where he could have been dropped from the team? Really? Ugh.....I miss the English feed :(.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
How do these morons get paid to talk about cricket? Dravid never had a rough patch where he could have been dropped from the team? Really? Ugh.....I miss the English feed :(.
I'm pretty sure even in his rough patches 2 or 3 years ago his numbers are statistically ok because there would be the odd ton at home against rubbish opposition.

Neil Pickup

What would be good would be the commentators picking out Dravid's movement, balance and backlift in spite of the fact that Hilfenhaus didn't let go of the ball in that little false-start there. That would make for interesting discussion of conditioning and timing... instead, we get "Dravid has never had a lean patch". Ho hum.

Zinzan

It's still baffling, I just don't see how Australia (who are about evens) are little more than twice as likely to win than India. Besides India are due at least half a dozen injuries in this game, given they had none last match.
Agree & all because India have won once in 5 attempts at Sydney

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Not unplayable but a good ball all the same, lifted a bit and didn't move down leg as he might've been expecting. He makes a split-second misjudgment and the armchair heroes are all over him.
The main critisism would be that he was pushing forward to a clearly short pitched delivery, which is awful technique for an supposedly international standard opener. Not to mention it's the third time in the series he's been dismissed by similar shortish bowling.