• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
England took even more over the summer. I think it's a specific tactic for playing India because their ground fielding is beyond shocking.
Your mid off needs to be deep and straight here if you're going to bowl full IMO, but certainly the standard of the Indian ground fielding wasn't always great in Melbourne. Their catching was fine save Zaheer's effort though.

Satguru

Banned
Its funny, Dravid was usually safe as a house, even during his batting slump, but since he got his form back, his catching has been pretty woeful, he's dropped maybe half a dozen absolute sitters :(

Burgey

Its funny, Dravid was usually safe as a house, even during his batting slump, but since he got his form back, his catching has been pretty woeful, he's dropped maybe half a dozen absolute sitters :(
Yeah he put a few down in England, didn't he?

I see in shock news Glenn McGrath has tipped Australia 4-0 :ph34r:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Can't believe he writes for Fairfax. So disappointed.

The funny thing is he's sprouting the self-same clichés JL bangs on with
Exactly, was such a rubbish article. Wouldn't trust the guy as far as I could throw him.

haha

Pattinson The New Broad?

Apparently he bats at six for his club side which is probably all we really have to go off, given that he's played so little FC cricket. That's the thing with guys like Pattinson and Cummins, they've played so little FC cricket, let alone Test cricket- you really don't have even small samples upon which to draw any firm conclusions/predictions. Anyway, with his batting, I'd just be happy if he was a decent # 8, especially now with MJ having fallen by the wayside. At that level, it's so hard to hone both disciplines at once, particularly when you are starting out I would imagine - just happy if he concentrates primarily on his bowling at this point.
As I've said, the guy can be a decent bat. If he never knew that he was a right arm fast bowler, he'd have been a very good district batsman. You add in the extra development of state squads and national teams, and I think he's definitely good enough to get a Test hundred.
So having heard on the radio both teams are practicing today, I'd like to give a ****ing brick bat to CA and the SCG Trust.

We saw some of the Indian practice through the gates, but the fat **** on the gate said "the sessions are closed today. Come back tomorrow".

Excellent. Prick on the gate was enjoying turning kids away too, the ****.

Cricketers are the least accessible major sporting team in this country, bar none. Closed training session my arse. Some ****s bat, others bowl. Crock of ****.
Must say, it's one of the great things about the MCG. Impossible to hold a closed session on the turf nets, anyone walking past can watch. It's a great set-up. Obviously indoor if it's raining is a bit different.

Yeah I remember quite a few singles to mid-off being pinched that had absolutely no right to even be contemplated.
Helps when Watto's not at the top of the order.

Spikey

buuuuuurn

although usman out helps. and cowan hardly covered himself in glory. it's mainly hussey pinching them tbf

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah it is, just he's at the age I'm trying to show and teach him footwork. Plus, Sehwag's style is pretty well freakish for a kid to try to emulate.
Fair enough. If there are 3 things that can be learnt from Sehwag's technique, they are:
1. How straight his bat comes for drives.
2. His balance, and head positions.
3. His footwork against spinners.
Didn't mention his 'judging a delivery from bowler's hands' and 'hand-eye coordination' because the first one is a tough thing to learn and the 2nd one can't be learnt.

If there are 2 things that shouldn't be learn't from Sehwag, they are:
1. His attitude towards batting (which suits him).
2. His footwork against pace bowlers (especially deliveries that are either short or outside off-stump).

Burgey

Fair enough. If there are 3 things that can be learnt from Sehwag's technique, they are:
1. How straight his bat comes for drives.
2. His balance, and head positions.
3. His footwork against spinners.
Didn't mention his 'judging a delivery from bowler's hands' and 'hand-eye coordination' because the first one is a tough thing to learn and the 2nd one can't be learnt.

If there are 2 things that shouldn't be learn't from Sehwag, they are:
1. His attitude towards batting (which suits him).
2. His footwork against pace bowlers (especially deliveries that are either short or outside off-stump).
Yeah I suppose you find what works for you, it's just a style which would be easy to try to copy but nigh impossible for most humans to emulate with any success.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I find it a bit ridiculous that they're playing Hilfenhaus over Harris. Makes no real sense tbh.

Spikey

I find it a bit ridiculous that they're playing Hilfenhaus over Harris. Makes no real sense tbh.
buddy we played him in the 5th ashes test. you think we're gonna drop after he's actually played a good match

Doctor

School Boy/Girl Captain
The last time Australia played with the same XI in two matches consecutively (after winning in the first), they lost.

diteras aka.

Cricket Spectator
buddy we played him in the 5th ashes test. you think we're gonna drop after he's actually played a good match
and it makes a lot more sense if your gonna have seaming green tops - especially when India's best swing bowler of recent months is injured. Mind you its still a gamble with ZK back.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
It would be such a stupid move to change a bowling combination that found great success in Melbourne to incorporate Harris who has yet to truly prove his fitness. Without Watson, I am frightened to think of what would happen if Harris was to breakdown midway through the game and we had to rely upon 15+ overs from Hussey.