• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm not so confident.
I think Nielsen should take a lot of the blame for the mindset of the team the past few years. He seemed happy enough cultivating this idea we would keep taking a domineering approach despite not having the players to carry it off.

Ruckus

International Captain
Poor pre-sales for the Sydney Test, apparently.

Just 14,600 tickets have been sold for day one, 8,500 for day two, almost 7000 for day three and 1600 for day four.

Hopefully, given a ****tail of fine weather, Sachin's impending record, and an enjoyable MCG Test, there will be a big walk-up component.
Damn thats really poor...Jesus christ sydney people are dire sports followers these days. I hate giving props to Melbourne people, but its one area they well and truly have covered over us.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
How large is the Indian community in Sydney? The support for India at the MCG over four days was phenomenal. Half the crowd appeared to be wearing an India ODI shirt.

Doctor

School Boy/Girl Captain
Poor pre-sales for the Sydney Test, apparently.

Just 14,600 tickets have been sold for day one, 8,500 for day two, almost 7000 for day three and 1600 for day four.

Hopefully, given a ****tail of fine weather, Sachin's impending record, and an enjoyable MCG Test, there will be a big walk-up component.
No statistics regarding day five? Which is, by the way, the only conventional non-workday (Saturday) of this test. But then again, given the batting performances of the lineups of both teams as of late, one would have to seriously optimistic for this match to even reach the fifth and final day.

How large is the Indian community in Sydney? The support for India at the MCG over four days was phenomenal. Half the crowd appeared to be wearing an India ODI shirt.
This link here is an article announcing that Mumbai and NSW will play biannual T20's. Excerpt
"We'd like to call them usually in the month of September in Australia, because in Sydney, at the time, there is a week-long festival called Parramasala. It's held in a region of Sydney called Parramatta where a majority of Indians and South Asians live. It's a week of Indian culture, drama, art; we get artists from India. We thought by playing a short game of Twenty20, it'll fit in nicely to add colour to that."

Last edited:

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
No statistics regarding day five? Which is, by the way, the only conventional non-workday (Saturday) of this test. But then again, given the batting performances of the lineups of both teams as of late, one would have to seriously optimistic for this match to even reach the fifth and final day.
I can never recall Day 5 tickets ever being pre-sold for Test cricket. For obvious reasons.

Ruckus

International Captain
No. of overseas born Indians is almost exactly the same as Melbourne.

Spikey

Damn thats really poor...Jesus christ sydney people are dire sports followers these days. I hate giving props to Melbourne people, but its one area they well and truly have covered over us.
I'm busy that week doing nothing.

Spikey

it has been confirmed to me that that Langer celebrated the win by blasting eye of the tiger in the changing rooms

howardj

International Coach
it has been confirmed to me that that Langer celebrated the win by blasting eye of the tiger in the changing rooms
haha

Pattinson The New Broad?

Apparently he bats at six for his club side which is probably all we really have to go off, given that he's played so little FC cricket. That's the thing with guys like Pattinson and Cummins, they've played so little FC cricket, let alone Test cricket- you really don't have even small samples upon which to draw any firm conclusions/predictions. Anyway, with his batting, I'd just be happy if he was a decent # 8, especially now with MJ having fallen by the wayside. At that level, it's so hard to hone both disciplines at once, particularly when you are starting out I would imagine - just happy if he concentrates primarily on his bowling at this point.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
haha

Pattinson The New Broad?

Apparently he bats at six for his club side which is probably all we really have to go off, given that he's played so little FC cricket. That's the thing with guys like Pattinson and Cummins, they've played so little FC cricket, let alone Test cricket- you really don't have even small samples upon which to draw any firm conclusions/predictions. Anyway, with his batting, I'd just be happy if he was a decent # 8, especially now with MJ having fallen by the wayside. At that level, it's so hard to hone both disciplines at once, particularly when you are starting out I would imagine - just happy if he concentrates primarily on his bowling at this point.
Cummins smashed a couple of tons in the Green Shield (Sydney Grade Cricket Under 16s) batting five a couple of years back. That's really the only level he's played a decent amount of cricket at. :p

howardj

International Coach
lost his entire body weight from memory, and was reduced to a puddle of water by the end of his vigil. they had to soak him up with a sponge, and then ring him out at hospital.