• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha, crowd of Indian supporters just rushed Watto,
Squashing the young bloke against the fence. Watto the rescue

"Watch out mate,
You're squashing the kid"

WAFG.

Burgey

Team India now about to practice

What's that? Yep. "Closed Session".

Men of the people.

Burgey

Just hiding in the brasco til they clear the ground, then I'll sledge Gambhir before leaving.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
My friend in Wellington bowled to India in an open net last time they toured. He didn't get to bowl to Sachin. But said that Sehwag and Dhoni just slogged.

Burgey

Pattinson I think is my new favourite cricketer, despite the disability of being Victorian. Watching him bat in the nets is gold, he commentates pretty much every ball he faces and loudly admonishes himself when he plays a false shot.

To their credit, he, the Jaguar, Ponting, Huss, Lyon, Darsh, Watto and Haddin all took a lot of time for pics and autographs, Mickey Arthur too. Clarke, Warner and Cowan didn't at all. Hilf and Siddle not sighted.

Great experience for Burgeinho to watch these blokes bat - their footwork and balance. Thank God he didn't get to see Sehwag and Dhoni.

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I would be interested in seeing an analysis of which country takes the most singles each inning. I suspect it is Aussie. They seem to constantly keep the scoreboard ticking over with quick singles. If I were playing against them I would put a short cover and short midwicket in.

smash84

The Tiger King
such a bummer. I got up early this morning hoping to find the match b/w Ind and Aus. Only to read at cricinfo that it will start tomorrow. For some reason I had the date of 2nd Jan in my mind :@

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
Harris is perhaps the first casualty of the BBL being played at the same time as the tests. His bowling in the BBL has been average for T20s, but has been well away from the consistency we would need in the tests so it is pretty difficult to gauge his fitness and form from those matches.

Khawaja is another one who quite frankly doesn't look very suited to T20s, and Dan Christian's rampfest last week wouldn't have helped his cause.

Last edited:

Spikey

such a bummer. I got up early this morning hoping to find the match b/w Ind and Aus. Only to read at cricinfo that it will start tomorrow. For some reason I had the date of 2nd Jan in my mind :@
they changed the starting date for the new years test a couple of years back fwiw

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Me too.. Silly of them to have pushed back the date to Jan 3. Jan 2 is always the day of the New Years' Test...

Uppercut

I would be interested in seeing an analysis of which country takes the most singles each inning. I suspect it is Aussie. They seem to constantly keep the scoreboard ticking over with quick singles. If I were playing against them I would put a short cover and short midwicket in.
England took even more over the summer. I think it's a specific tactic for playing India because their ground fielding is beyond shocking.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah I remember quite a few singles to mid-off being pinched that had absolutely no right to even be contemplated.