• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official New Zealand Domestic Cricket 2011/2012 ***

Mike5181

International Captain
Ferguson is probably the name to watch in the Auckland A team. Used to play with him at Parnell and he was always a Chris Cairns-like allrounder. He bowls around 140 as well.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Thanks A

Why are some 1st XI players in the teams? Astle, McSkimming, Arnel?
Astle is captain, McSkimming is returning from injury. Arnel is... I don't quite know.

A few of these selections seem to be trials for spots that are up for dibs, like the Auckland top order.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Astle is captain, McSkimming is returning from injury. Arnel is... I don't quite know.

A few of these selections seem to be trials for spots that are up for dibs, like the Auckland top order.
Where is that Keir Bettley fellow (sp?)

Flametree

International 12th Man
Thanks for those scorecards. Greg Hay is still around? I assumed he must have gone overseas or died or something.

First class average 42.
One day average 48
20/20 figures 37 @ SR of 129.

Pretty impressive for a guy who can't make the CD first eleven.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Look up his season by season record on blackcaps.co.nz I can't cut and paste the url for his stats

Howsie

International Captain
Nick Beard with an econ rate of 6.5 for his career in t20s

Better than Dan's 6.67 for ND in t20s
Beard's always been a quality 20/20 bowler for Otago, shame he's never kicked on much as a first class bowler. I'd really start to think of him as an option for New Zealand in that format, he's an excellent fielder as well. Jimmy Neesham would be another guy I'd be giving serious thought about too. Cleanest hitter of the cricket ball in the country and doesn't need to slog to score his runs quickly, quality batsmen already IMO in 20/20.

Flem274*

123/5
A lot has been made of Littlejohn's selection pie, but the selectors (I can't even remember who they are) seem happy to select on potential (Dougeh), so maybe there is an outside chance we could see Neesham play a 20/20 for NZ soon.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Who was that chap who played for auckland was 6 foot 5 and built like a WWF wrestler and hit everything for six. Played two years ago.