• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Great performance from the Aussies. Consistently, they stayed up just above India in the match. True, qualitywise, neither team is that good but they did enough to stay ahead on the race. Hilfenhaus was amazing. From some of the posting in this thread, it looked like he was another Brad Williams but he looked very good. The others were good too and together, the attack held up.

The real surprise though was the performance of Ponting/Hussey. They stood up and delivered when it mattered as far as this test is concerned. India's batting has to take the blame. We were at least 100 short in the first innings and that is what cost us at the end. The batting and the bowling to the tail both needs to improve out of sight if we are to win even one test in this series.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Promote Ashwin to 7 and Dhoni to 8 and tell him that he should always counter attack and slog away(Worked for him in his initial tests. Became a **** batsman in test cricket once he modified his ODI batting to accumulate runs. Serves him well in ODIs but isn't going to work in tests). He isn't going to score gritty 100s with that technique in test cricket against half decent fast bowling.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
He's getting called out on it because the last time they were here India behaved like divas and the media here backed the hypocrite Kumble to the hilt. It's a joke if Pattinson is called out on anything he did in Melbourne and if the opposition don't like it (I haven't heard them say anything tbf) they can GAGF.
LOLz..

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bad try.

The only reason Gavaskar is brought up into this discussion is my Indian origin, and my profile pic of a classy straight drive by a classy batsman. The thought that if I am Indian and like his straight drive, I might also support his racist comments...No I don't. And my responsibility behind him becoming a commentator and a powerful person in the ICC is same as yours.
Gavaskar's comments were made in a book published in the same year as Greig's "grovel" comment. Why you'd want to reference something said that long ago wrt Greig and seek to bring race into it, I don't know. But you did. He isn't the only current commentator who has said something 35 years ago you'd hope they regret.

Burgey

Rohit is only known to be better than Kohli against the short ball. What's gotten Kohli into trouble however, is his technique against the moving ball (BTW, his dismissal in the first inning was a carbon copy of his dismissal in the WI to an Edwards outswinger). How do we know Rohit is definitely better in this regard?
Is Sharma the only reserve middle order batsman named in the touring squad?

howardj

International Coach
What with the sudden improvement in our bowling correlating with Craig McDermott's appointment, the question must be asked... - is Craig McDermott the new Troy Cooley? (the 2005 Cooley, not the 2009-2012 model) :ph34r:

Burgey

Who was the bloke who played last year against us in India? I think he opened but can't recall. Was it Pujara? He looked bloody good

howardj

International Coach
Poor pre-sales for the Sydney Test, apparently.

Just 14,600 tickets have been sold for day one, 8,500 for day two, almost 7000 for day three and 1600 for day four.

Hopefully, given a ****tail of fine weather, Sachin's impending record, and an enjoyable MCG Test, there will be a big walk-up component.

howardj

International Coach
Having been to the SCG twice for a Test, I can't imagine a better cricket ground to watch the game from. It's just purpose built for cricket - it's intimate, it's homely, it's steeped in tradition. Has a great feel to it.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
:laugh:

Wow, completely misread that there. Hence, was surprised to see you term him as 'bloody good'.

EDIT: But ya, I think you're referring to Pujara. He made a solid 80 odd IIRC. Then there was also Murali Vijay who hit a century and opened.

Last edited:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Poor pre-sales for the Sydney Test, apparently.

Just 14,600 tickets have been sold for day one, 8,500 for day two, almost 7000 for day three and 1600 for day four.

Hopefully, given a ****tail of fine weather, Sachin's impending record, and an enjoyable MCG Test, there will be a big walk-up component.
Not sure why CA decided to schedule every day on a week day. Nothing sacred about the 3rd January if it costs 50 thousand bums on seats

shankar

International Debutant
Is Sharma the only reserve middle order batsman named in the touring squad?
Yep. Pujara appears to be the most promising. He recovered from an injury that kept him out of the England tour just recently. So he wasn't picked for this tour.

adub

International Captain
Watching these highlights you can see Punter at second slip thinking "Why didn't you simple ****s pitch it up for the past three years?"
Maybe he was thinking "why didn't I just go up and tell them to pitch it a yard fuller when I was captain"?