• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Watching these highlights you can see Punter at second slip thinking "Why didn't you simple ****s pitch it up for the past three years?"

sreeku7

School Boy/Girl Captain
Hope Sharma debuts at Sydney and Kohli ****s off to find form.
I don't know why everyone was expecting Kohli to do well in Tests. His technique is only suitable to Limited over Cricket. He has been exposed in every Test he has played. It is obvious the fellow cannot play quick bowling in Tests. So why keep on picking him up again and again while excluding players like Sharma who has shown better technique. I think the selectors (and the so called Kohli fans) are misguided by his performances in ODIs and T20s and fancy that he is Test material
Look at his scores before the Melbourne Test
4, 15 0, 27, 30, 52, 63, (The last two fifties were made on a pitch where an inexperienced WI team made 590)

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hanging will be slightly harsh for him. Making him grovel should see the change in him. If it doesn't, then I'll recommend a few more grovels.
To call the crowd a 'crowd' in Jamaica is a misnomer. It should be called a 'mob'. The way they shrieked and howled every time Holding bowled was positively horrible. They encouraged him with shouts of 'Kill him, Maaaan!' 'Hit im Maan!', 'Knock his head off Mike!' All this proved beyond a shadow of doubt that these people still belonged to the jungles and forests, instead of a civilised country.... Their partisan attitude was even more evident when they did not applaud any shots we played. At one stage I even 'demanded' claps for a boundary shot off Daniel. All I got was laughter from the section, which certainly hadn't graduated from the trees where they belonged....

Imagine if the person who said that in 1976 was ever a commentator, or had a position of power within the ICC.

Be deplorable, wouldn't it?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
To call the crowd a 'crowd' in Jamaica is a misnomer. It should be called a 'mob'. The way they shrieked and howled every time Holding bowled was positively horrible. They encouraged him with shouts of 'Kill him, Maaaan!' 'Hit im Maan!', 'Knock his head off Mike!' All this proved beyond a shadow of doubt that these people still belonged to the jungles and forests, instead of a civilised country.... Their partisan attitude was even more evident when they did not applaud any shots we played. At one stage I even 'demanded' claps for a boundary shot off Daniel. All I got was laughter from the section, which certainly hadn't graduated from the trees where they belonged....

Imagine if the person who said that in 1976 was ever a commentator, or had a position of power within the ICC.

I'm guessing Gavaskar?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I'm guessing Gavaskar?
You guessed correctly :)

I'd only add that he actually wrote it, rather than said it. Heat of the moment comments after THAT test would have been one thing. But to commit some of those comments to print in the cold light of day ....

Last edited:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
he's getting called out on it because the last time they were here india behaved like divas and the media here backed the hypocrite kumble to the hilt. It's a joke if pattinson is called out on anything he did in melbourne and if the opposition don't like it (i haven't heard them say anything tbf) they can gagf.
+1

weldone

Hall of Fame Member

Bad try.

The only reason Gavaskar is brought up into this discussion is my Indian origin, and my profile pic of a classy straight drive by a classy batsman. The thought that if I am Indian and like his straight drive, I might also support his racist comments...No I don't. And my responsibility behind him becoming a commentator and a powerful person in the ICC is same as yours.

Xuhaib

International Coach
People are being too harsh on Kohli. Give him some time to bed in even the current Kohli will average mid 50's in sub cont and mid 30's abroad giving him a cumulative average of mid to late 40's which is still very good and if he improves his overseas play he will be a genuine 50+ avg batsman imo. I agree his game is tailored towards batting on slow and less moving tracks, the way he premeditates on the middle stump and brings his bat down in an arc will get him in to trouble on seaming and swinging conditions however he is not a hopeless case like Raina and there is every bit possibility he can improve.

Its not easy for a sub cont batsman to adjust to new conditions young Sachin was a freak he scored heavily in all his first away tours people should just remeber Inzi's first tour to England and Dravid's first trip to Australia to see how difficult it is to make adjustments.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I think we can all agree that we'd be more supportive of Kohli if his biggest supporter wasn't the world's biggest ****

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
People are being too harsh on Kohli. Give him some time to bed in even the current Kohli will average mid 50's in sub cont and mid 30's abroad giving him a cumulative average of mid to late 40's which is still very good and if he improves his overseas play he will be a genuine 50+ avg batsman imo. I agree his game is tailored towards batting on slow and less moving tracks, the way he premeditates on the middle stump and brings his bat down in an arc will get him in to trouble on seaming and swinging conditions however he is not a hopeless case like Raina and there is every bit possibility he can improve.

Its not easy for a sub cont batsman to adjust to new conditions young Sachin was a freak he scored heavily in all his first away tours people should just remeber Inzi's first tour to England and Dravid's first trip to Australia to see how difficult it is to make adjustments.
I agree. But my point is not that Kohli is a bad batsman, he is not. If given a long run, his test average can only go north from here. My point is that Kohli shouldn't be played now, because we have an even better batsman in our bench.

Xuhaib

International Coach
from what I have seen of Rohit he is a lazy starter which might get him in trouble like Kohli in these conditions. Back Kohli for the current series I do believe he has couple of good innings in him for this series chopping and changing can effect the confidence of young batsmen Rohit will soon get his chance, 3 Indian batsman are bound to retire in the next 18 months Rohit can wait for a while

shankar

International Debutant
Rohit is only known to be better than Kohli against the short ball. What's gotten Kohli into trouble however, is his technique against the moving ball (BTW, his dismissal in the first inning was a carbon copy of his dismissal in the WI to an Edwards outswinger). How do we know Rohit is definitely better in this regard?

Xuhaib

International Coach
he is not. Rohit is awesome to watch when he's in has that lazy elegance but he's a woeful starter, in conditions that are more bowler friendly he will struggle big time.

MrPrez

International Debutant
Indian opinion on Pujara and Rahane? Who would you like getting a Test spot out of Kohli, Raina, Sharma, Pujara, Rahane?