• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
India are a disgrace one of the worst teams in International cricket, what a pathetic joke, India are the biggest flat track bully's in the world, keep making those disgusting pitches at home your so called world class batting is a joke and a failure, pretty pathetic. Even the commentators are having a go a India lol.
I think you need to deal with your team being a bunch of pathetic flat track bully's has been proved 5 times this year alone.
Is it normal practice to ban people when they speak the truth on this forum? I think the whole world knows that India are flat track bully's, so why ban people from speaking the truth about it?
The SCG is more of a green track these days, I would still play 3 fast men and a spinner, have had a lot of rain in Sydney this year so I don't think it will be a normal slow SCG that the Indians love.
I actually think that India's bowlers kept them in the game really, it was the disgraceful captaincy and batting that lost them the game, that and the fact that after Tendulkar and Dravid they don;t really have anyone who can play on fast, bouncy tracks.

I was there on day 2 and watched Tendulkar and I have to say he is a legend, forget all the hundreds he has scored, just watch the 73 he made it was one of the best innings I have seen at the MCG, it was fluid and poetry in motion, those cover drives and the straight drive were magical, the whole ground was in awe.

India need to build a bowling attack around Yadav and Sharma, Sharma if he can get his length right in Australia and overseas in general is going to be a gun, as for Yadav they need to look after the kid, he has a lot of talent and he can get quicker, has a beautiful action.

But playing on flat tracks will see these guys been ground into the dust, I hope not because I think they have a bit of talent and skill.
I like the look of this kid Yadav, looks like India can build a decent pace battery around him, hopefully he does not go back to India and get run down on those flat tracks that offer nothing. India really need to look at making pitches like the MCG, Perth, Wanderers etc, but don't think that will hapoen.
At least India look like they have the makings of a good bowling attack, Yadav, Ashwin, Sharma, I think India can build a team around them. But the Indians really need to make pitches so these young quick's don't fade away. But India will never learn, they will continue to make dead, flat tracks at home and then they are world beaters. I think you need to build a test team around the bowling and not around the batting, Australia are going about it the right way, so much depth in our bowling.
This agenda item was addressed long ago.

scorpio1990

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
So should Gambhir be dropped?Maybe bring in Rahane.He did not to do much in Practise match but Gambhir has been in pitiful form since long.Rahane did score well in the Emerging Players Tournament in Australia.

Last edited:

Tomas

Cricket Spectator
Thanks for taking the time to point out all that. Don't think India has any batsmen outside of Tendulkar and Dravid who can handle pace and bounce, whats going to happen to India when Dravid and Tendulkar retire? I doubt any of their so called young stars have what it takes either.

Last edited:

Noble One

Thanks for taking the time to point out all that. Don't think India has any batsmen outside of Tendulkar and Dravid who can handle pace and bounce, whats going to happen to India when Dravid and Tendulkar retire? I doubt any of their so called young stars have what it takes either.
Sharma handles the short ball pretty well TBH. I haven't seen many of the other young players who are averaging 50+ seasons in domestic cricketer, however I find it hard to believe they are Raina like in facing short bowling.

I still think Tendulkar has some years left in him if he so desires, not a pressing issue right now.

heathrf1974

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
After just one test this series is far from over. SCG and Adelaide will suit India more and Australia still have their batting woes with consistently. In all honesty I will be happy if the Aussies can draw the series.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This was just a plan to ensure Hilf, Hussey and Ponting played all series. India to make 814 next test and win by an innings and 287 runs

benchmark00

Sharma handles the short ball pretty well TBH. I haven't seen many of the other young players who are averaging 50+ seasons in domestic cricketer, however I find it hard to believe they are Raina like in facing short bowling.

I still think Tendulkar has some years left in him if he so desires, not a pressing issue right now.
I don't think Rohit has completely proven himself against the short ball. If he's selected (and as #1 ticket holder of the Rohit fan club I think he should be) I'm expecting alot of short stuff aimed his way.

Tomas

Cricket Spectator
I don't think they have the young kids coming through who can handle the pace and bounce, when they go overseas. V. Kholi as well is not comfortable against the pace and bounce, they have tried Rania and he made of fool of himself, Yuraj Singh is the same cannot handle pace and bounce overseas.

Indians tend to hype up all their young kids based on 50+ averages on Indian pitches, but as soon as they step out of the country they get found out and that will never change. History says India will never perform overseas, they have managed to flue a win here and there overseas but they got lucky.

This Aussie team is young and inexperienced and just got smashed by NZ, yet they managed to bend over the so called world class batting line up, good article on cricinfo about India, the article says it all about Indian cricket.

Last edited:

benchmark00

I don't think they have the young kids coming through who can handle the pace and bounce, when they go overseas. V. Kholi as well is not comfortable against the pace and bounce, they have tried Rania and he made of fool of himself, Yuraj Singh is the same cannot handle pace and bounce overseas.

Indians tend to hype up all their young kids based on 50+ averages on Indian pitches, but as soon as they step out of the country they get found out and that will never change. History says India will never perform overseas, they have managed to flue a win here and there overseas but they got lucky.

This Aussie team is young and inexperienced and just got smashed by NZ, yet they managed to bend over the so called world class batting line up, good article on cricinfo about India, the article says it all about Indian cricket.
Are you a groundsman?

Redbacks

International Captain
lol

Noble One

I don't think Rohit has completely proven himself against the short ball. If he's selected (and as #1 ticket holder of the Rohit fan club I think he should be) I'm expecting alot of short stuff aimed his way.
Agree, Rohit hasn't yet faced a true test of his technique of short-pitched bowling (i.e Test cricket). From ODI viewing he looks sound, however this is facing middle-over bowling with at best one slip in position. It will be interesting if he gets a chance this series as I find it unlikely that Dravid, Tendulkar and Laxman will be dropped and that just leaves Kohli who might miss the next Test, however I would still back him at the SCG.

Julian87

State Captain
Right mate... lets talk about Kelly hazel' titts on a cricket thread...
They're big. Big like Siddle's heart. This is a good thing.
Quality.

Props to S MacGill who backed in Punter on inside cricket too. Reckon he would make a great selector.

As in; He was asked about whether he would keep picking him. Went through the usual analysis of his form dip, but also the need for youth but when prompted by BJ: 'Should he get a tap on the shoulder?'
straight out backed Ricky as a competitor who he doesn't think would linger on if he couldn't contribute and has the pedigree to win us test matches etc. Nice to hear a reasoned response other than seeing someone like Merv who was oblivious to FC cricket or 'good mates' Nielsen.
This is the same bloke, who when asked about playing with Dwayne Bravo in the Big Bash, said something along the lines of: his recent international performances are starting to put him alongside some of the better West Indies batsmen of the modern era.

Burgey

Been saying this for years ffs. No one listens. Got to say the "right" things.

I welcome the new straight shooter of CW.

benchmark00

Quality.

This is the same bloke, who when asked about playing with Dwayne Bravo in the Big Bash, said something along the lines of: his recent international performances are starting to put him alongside some of the better West Indies batsmen of the modern era.
Yeah mate, think Redbacks was advocating MacGill to be selector of West Indies.

lol.