• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
I can't say I agree with that. Think he easily looked the most comfortable out of anyone. His first knock was absolutely chanceless, which can't be said for Ponting's knocks. Reckon he didn't get as many as he could of as well in the second innings because of the hopeless match situation...looked like he just lost concentration after Dhoni decided to be an idiot.
I have been influenced by my memory of Tendulkar's last 20 minutes at the crease. Looked like he was completely worked over by Pattinson and then followed it up with losing his wicket (to a decent ball I must add) to Siddle.

I agree though that Tendulkar looked rarely troubled. His innings with Dravid in the first innings was the only time during the match where two batsmen looked rarely troubled by the bowlers.

Ruckus

International Captain
I have been influenced by my memory of Tendulkar's last 20 minutes at the crease. Looked like he was completely worked over by Pattinson and then followed it up with losing his wicket (to a decent ball I must add) to Siddle.

I agree though that Tendulkar looked rarely troubled. His innings with Dravid in the first innings was the only time during the match where two batsmen looked rarely troubled by the bowlers.
Yeah he was a bit I guess. But Pattinson was bowling like a beast for those couple of overs, most would have been troubled by that. I agree with ratings though ftr...Tendulkar may have looked more assured, but at the end of the day Ponting got more runs so it kind of evens out.

Ruckus

International Captain
I really like Lyon, but I would kind of like to see Harris, Pattinson, Siddle and Hilf go at it in Sydney. Could be pretty brutal bowling, with not much respite for the batsmen.

Spark

Global Moderator
Stat: Since McDermott was appointed, we've bowled teams out for <200 five times, and conceded 400+ once (which, IIRC, wasn't that bad an effort given the appallingly flat pitch and batting lineup in question)

Spark

Global Moderator
I really like Lyon, but I would kind of like to see Harris, Pattinson, Siddle and Hilf go at it in Sydney. Could be pretty brutal bowling, with not much respite for the batsmen.
There is no way I'm OK with Harris as part of a four-man attack when Mike Hussey is the main backup.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
The idea of a four man pace-attack is always exciting, however it carries a very high risk without a true supporting spin-bowler. If for example Tendulkar and Dravid combined for a big partnership then it would be very hard to maintain rested quicks (especially with minimal part-time support in the Australian team). Nathan Lyon may not take a big haul against India, however bowling 15-20 overs in the innings provides a vital role in ensuring the Indian batsmen don't become accustomed to an all-out pace attack, and allows a decent rest in the outfield for the likes of Siddle, Pattinson and Hilfenhaus. Defensive option perhaps, but unless the pitch was a complete green top or a pace demon then always go 3 x pace, 1 x spin.

Ruckus

International Captain
yar, is truth. I more meant just from the point of entertainment it would be golden...+ I think Harris is gun and it's the only way he'll play in the test :(

Last edited:

Tomas

Cricket Spectator
I actually think that India's bowlers kept them in the game really, it was the disgraceful captaincy and batting that lost them the game, that and the fact that after Tendulkar and Dravid they don;t really have anyone who can play on fast, bouncy tracks.

I was there on day 2 and watched Tendulkar and I have to say he is a legend, forget all the hundreds he has scored, just watch the 73 he made it was one of the best innings I have seen at the MCG, it was fluid and poetry in motion, those cover drives and the straight drive were magical, the whole ground was in awe.

India need to build a bowling attack around Yadav and Sharma, Sharma if he can get his length right in Australia and overseas in general is going to be a gun, as for Yadav they need to look after the kid, he has a lot of talent and he can get quicker, has a beautiful action.

But playing on flat tracks will see these guys been ground into the dust, I hope not because I think they have a bit of talent and skill.

R_D

International Debutant
What a day at cricket...... I didn't think India was going to chase 292 but least i expected was a bit of fight.... The middle order just got worked over some good bowling.. Dravid's wicket is a bit of worry, 3 times out the same way. Laxman just played a lazy shot, seen him go out like that many times now... Just casually flicking the ball in air onto the onside.
I guess Kohli must be given one more chance at SCG... can't just drop him... would ideally like Rohit Sharma given a chance but won't happen.

I don't know what Dhoni was thinking spreading the field to tailenders...:wacko: