• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in South Africa 2011/12

MrPrez

International Debutant
It was a risky run, but it was not suicidal. They could have made it.

I'm not saying it was a good choice to go for the run, but it was still makeable. Not sacrificing himself was stupid though, Amla was the man we needed in.

Garson007

State Vice-Captain
Prince should have run. 1) It was Amla's call. He was running to the danger end. 2) Prince was the new batsman. 3) Prince is **** at the moment. They probably pushed him up the order and told him to make a 50 or else. Therefore it wasn't team play.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
If Prince had run, noone had to go out.

Are you honesty telling me that you think Prince was right in not sacrificing himself?
Can't do that when you are playing what is likely to be your last test innings. Guys like Rudolph and Prince know the **** they are in.

Lostman

State Captain
I got an increased heart rate and sweaty palms, all in anticipation of the post-murali cherry about to be popped.:devil2:

Rasimione

U19 Captain
FFS this is silly. Logic say that new batsmen sacrifices himself for the benefit of the team. Amla stuffed up true, but Prince should have done the honourable thing and sacrificed his wicket.

Eds

International Debutant
FFS this is silly. Logic say that new batsmen sacrifices himself for the benefit of the team. Amla stuffed up true, but Prince should have done the honourable thing and sacrificed his wicket.
Should he have sacrificed his career for the team though?

Xuhaib

International Coach
Herath making Tahir's performance look rank awful. Control, turn and bounce.
in early 2000's i saw Faisal Iqbal murder him in some club game looked ordinary as they come I was really surprised when I started hearing him he could be some spin bowling savior for SA seems my original review of him was correct.

Garson007

State Vice-Captain
So who else thinks that only the bowling permutation will change for the next match?

I'd love to be able to blood in some new players while experienced consistent performers bat around them, but we've been sticking with drift wood for a while now and it will only get worse. Drop Boucher now and replace him with someone with a future. Plan towards dropping either Smith or Kallis in two year's time - work towards such a plan. It's time we get some consistency back. There must be a 1-2 year turnover rate for a batsman position in the team.

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Would love to see Duminy back. Herath should end that comeback in Cape Town. Duminy hasn't done anything to warrant selection.

Rasimione

U19 Captain
in early 2000's i saw Faisal Iqbal murder him in some club game looked ordinary as they come I was really surprised when I started hearing him he could be some spin bowling savior for SA seems my original review of him was correct.
Take away his googly and he is useless. Bowls alot of rubbish. He bowled so badly id even take steve smith and thats saying something.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Kuhn opening really has ****ed up his test chances. Can't see the selectors regardless of what Boucher does here being dropped. And if you drop Mark, you upset Kallis, so it is a difficult situation. Prince isn't much liked by CSA and has fallen out with the likes of AB and Kallis before, so dropping him won't be an issue. Rudolph too hasn't got much cred, so dropping him will be easy.

Rasimione

U19 Captain
Would love to see Duminy back. Herath should end that comeback in Cape Town. Duminy hasn't done anything to warrant selection.
Please please not duminy please. He is terrible agains spin and bad against the bouncer. Id even consider Ontong if cant find another coloured player, but not Duminy.

Garson007

State Vice-Captain
Thank God that didn't happen. Can we now get rid of him, please? Undoubtedly he'd still be there next match. I just hope he's not there come England.

The_roc

U19 Captain
Should he have sacrificed his career for the team though?
I guess it depends on whether you're selfish and whether you have a career.

Out for 7, so I guess he wished he had sacrifice his wicket. Bring on Alviro Petersen