• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Must be this one when he was on 15*

Khan to Ponting, no run, big appeal for lbw, as Zaheer hits Ponting on the pad from round the stumps, comes in with the angle as Ponting lunges forward, looked to have struck him outside the line of off, nope, ball tracker shows it hit him in line and would have taken middle, there you go
Ball tracker also had Cowan's missing

The guys on Star (Akram, Sourav, Shastri, Moody, Chappelli, etc) are refreshingly honest, respect each other's opinion and actually have some well-reasoned debates

As such, their view on Pontings was basically "no chance" whilst Cowan was plumb and should have no complaints

Last edited:

Ausfanintoronto

Cricket Spectator
Pattinson is the key for tomorrow. We all know what Hussey can do but if Patty stays in there for a bit it could frustrate the Indian bowlers and add another 40-50 runs on the board.

20 More overs till the new ball. I wonder if they would use a spinner at the other end to start the day.

Prad100w

U19 Cricketer
Game is excitingly poised at this stage. Slightly in favor of Australia. If they can manage the lead of around 280 and bowl the lengths they bowled today morning, they might just grab this one. India are more likely to have a long time to pull this one off with the bat. Don't think the wicket suits their kind of line up. You are never quite in on that wicket. Playing on the up is very difficult. Thats where players like Sehwag, Gambhir and some of the lower order players will have a problem. All depends on Dravid, Sachin and Laxman.

Ausfanintoronto

Cricket Spectator
Ball tracker also had Cowan's missing

The guys on Star (Akram, Sourav, Shastri, Moody, Chappelli, etc) are refreshingly honest, respect each other's opinion and actually have some well-reasoned debates

As such, their view on Pontings was basically "no chance" whilst Cowan was plumb and should have no complaints
For the most part I've enjoyed that broadcast but Shastri and Chappell have been flat out annoying. Akram, surprisingly, has some good insight and Ganguly has been surprisingly objective.

Ausfanintoronto

Cricket Spectator
Ganguly is pretty awesome as a commentator.
Yea, he has surprisingly been objective and given some good insight into the conditions and the match situation. A lot of commentators like Shastri and Gavaskar blab on about nonsensical stuff and cliches...and fail to explain the rare good points they make.

Ausfanintoronto

Cricket Spectator
Yep. So much better than any other Indian commentator. Didn't like him as a player, love him behind the booth

If Hussey tons up I think Australia will win, otherwise I'll say India.
While I don't disagree with you, Hussey only needs 20 odd runs to get a century. Quite frankly the Aussie bowlers have to pitch it up to stand a chance of winning. I would like to see them bat for a good 1.5/2 Hrs so the Indian openers get to slog it out on the field before they go bat.

ganeshran

International Debutant
I like Ganguly more as an analyst in the post match show or the innings break. He sounds a bit dull while doing ball by ball commentary.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
While I don't disagree with you, Hussey only needs 20 odd runs to get a century. Quite frankly the Aussie bowlers have to pitch it up to stand a chance of winning. I would like to see them bat for a good 1.5/2 Hrs so the Indian openers get to slog it out on the field before they go bat.
Yeah, but it would also be a big boost to the Australians psychologically if Hussey tons up for me

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
How do they have it in the bag? They don't have a lead of 400 + last I checked
chasing 200+ or 300+ in india is comparatively much easier than doing the same in australia...depending on how long hussey and the tail wags, this could be all over tomorrow itself...

Ausfanintoronto

Cricket Spectator
Yeah, but it would also be a big boost to the Australians psychologically if Hussey tons up for me
That's true. A century is just better for the overall psyche of the squad. Now the real surprise would be if Pattinson also strikes up a century :D

Either way, it comes down to the bowling and I think Australia has the bullets required to get that lineup out. Quite frankly, India has not chased any significant total overseas in a while.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
I would be very surprised if this game goes into day 5. India should be aggressive when they bat. Getting bogged down was their downfall in the first innings.