• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah Hussey's best attribute is his ability to shepherd the tail; and he doesn't know where his off stump is early in his innings. Moving him to three would be a terrible idea IMO. Marsh should keep his spot for now; I'm not really a big wrap on him in general but he's started his Test career pretty well overall and he should still be ahead of Cowan when Watson comes back.
fuuuuuuuuu.

Spikey

yeah but Hussey knows how to make a ton which is somewhat handy at number 3

but I wouldn't move Marsh so it's a moot convo

benchmark00

Will rip my hair out if we don't employ a 3rd man tomorrow. It's the most underused, underrated position in the game. So many runs come through that area. Will dead set save 40 in the last innings by employing someone there. It's also a genuine wicket taking option against Sehwag.
Definitely have to have one for Sehwag, and possibly Tendulkar just to cut the uppercut shot out of his game, but other than that where are you going to take a fielder from?

Runs through 3rd man is frustrating, but you can't have them everywhere and your main aim is to take 10 wickets.

Spikey

Definitely have to have one for Sehwag, and possibly Tendulkar just to cut the uppercut shot out of his game, but other than that where are you going to take a fielder from?

Runs through 3rd man is frustrating, but you can't have them everywhere and your main aim is to take 10 wickets.
Deep point :mellow:

I will tear my hair out if I see deep point in place...

Spikey

anyway. I'm on the 'must get above 300' wagon. but my opinion might be swayed by the fact I'm still not over the 1st test in SA. Given India will have so much time you'd hope they'll, you know, actually bat with their brains and there's not much to say the pitch will be a nightmare so. But I know India well enough to know they'll bat like dicks bar Dravid and Laxman when he goes into god mode

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He played well but you're glossing over the fact that he should really have been out lbw to Zaheer early on.
The one that him him about 3 inches outside off stump (not to mention that he was batting outside his crease and took a major stride forward)

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No that's true and I think it would have been in the umpire's call area anyway. But the umpire could well have given it out, and would have been correct to.
It hit him miles outside off-stump

As Wasim Akram (who was commentating on Star at the time) said "unfortunately, the umpires woke up to the fact that itis virtually impossible for a left-armer to get a right-hander lbw from around the wicket about half way through my career"

Furball

Evil Scotsman
It hit him miles outside off-stump

As Wasim Akram (who was commentating on Star at the time) said "unfortunately, the umpires woke up to the fact that itis virtually impossible for a left-armer to get a right-hander lbw from around the wicket about half way through my career"
If it's the decision I think you're talking about, EagleEye had it hitting him in line and hitting the top of middle and off. Would have been overturned had it been referred.

Redbacks

International Captain
Must be this one when he was on 15*

Khan to Ponting, no run, big appeal for lbw, as Zaheer hits Ponting on the pad from round the stumps, comes in with the angle as Ponting lunges forward, looked to have struck him outside the line of off, nope, ball tracker shows it hit him in line and would have taken middle, there you go