• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm not sure if it has been pointed out, but batting at the MCG has been a breeze in the fourth innings so far this season in Shield cricket.

318 by Victoria
399 by Queensland
363 by Western Australia.

Of course a Shield wicket is not prepared in the exact same way as a Test wicket, however it doesn't completely change character. Shows how important the morning session is in the match for Hussey and the tail to find an extra 50+ runs.

Decided I'm heading along to the MCG in the morning as it could be a classic this match.
http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/2739149-post3971.html

http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/2736059-post1739.html

Needless to say I agree.

flibbertyjibber

****ing VVS Laxman.

Have no idea why people think India are out of this game. The best batting line up in the world should be able to chase down anything under 280 fairly easily.
They are not the best batting line up in the world, If they were the best they would have managed a score of more than 300 in their last 5 tests abroad.

Daemon

Really hope we get them for <20-30 tomorrow, then we'll be well and truly ahead barring any catastrophes. Not comfortable chasing anything more than 270.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
They are not the best batting line up in the world, If they were the best they would have managed a score of more than 300 in their last 5 tests abroad.
Hmm glad you said this as I must admit the thought crossed my mind. The pedigree can't be argued with but there is a bit of a problem with India's batting at the moment. If Australia can set 300 I'd back them but at the same time wouldn't rule India out until the target reaches 400, which I don't see happening.

Should be a belter of a 4th innings tbf. Might have to pull an all-nighter tonight just in case it winds up being the final day.

R_D

International Debutant
Hmm glad you said this as I must admit the thought crossed my mind. The pedigree can't be argued with but there is a bit of a problem with India's batting at the moment. If Australia can set 300 I'd back them but at the same time wouldn't rule India out until the target reaches 400, which I don't see happening.

Should be a belter of a 4th innings tbf. Might have to pull an all-nighter tonight just in case it winds up being the final day.
The middle order for Indian team is good as any if not better than other teams.... but overall I don't think Indian batting lineup has the depth to be called the best batting lineup.
I think England has the depth...Prior, Swann and Broad coming down the order... Its a pretty long batting lineup, Where as India has New number 6 batsman every few test matches and Tail starts with Dhoni.

Shri

Mr. Glass
The middle order for Indian team is good as any if not better than other teams.... but overall I don't think Indian batting lineup has the depth to be called the best batting lineup.
I think England has the depth...Prior, Swann and Broad coming down the order... Its a pretty long batting lineup, Where as India has New number 6 batsman every few test matches and Tail starts with Dhoni.
ASWIN!!!
ffs:p

ganeshran

International Debutant
The great Indian batting slide has the propensity to unexplicably collapse like a heap of cards e.g Kotla 2011. I am not confident of India chasing down this target at all - and this isnt some stupid jinx.

Since Dec 2010 in away tests, India has crossed the 300 mark only twice in 20 innings. Our batting just isnt clicking.

ganeshran

International Debutant
I miss the arrogant fans who have unshakable belief in their team's superiority :(

When does the England test series start :ph34r:

Spikey

my team is worse than your team and if you don't admit your team is better i will not start a fight with you