• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

R_D

International Debutant
If India can get the last 2 wickets cheaply tomorrow.... Say around 250... I would say its pretty even. The India lower order is pretty brittle and even Sachin and co get 200 runs... I would bet Dhoni and co would not be able to see them home.

Score around 250-260 would makes for a good match.. If I was a neutral that's the score I would be hoping for.... As an Indian supporter I hope they knock them over in 2 balls. I'll be there either way to watch an exciting end to this wonderful test match.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They can. And they generally do. So, while saying 'we have enough' that should have been taken into account.

I agree with Sylvester comletely here. Similarly, the Indians saying we are out of the game lose any right to blame the batsmen in the 4th innings if we lose indeed.
Cricket isn't as predictable as that though. Sometimes players can perform above and beyond expectations and what they've done in the past.

For example, that Hobart test between Australia and NZ... the reasonable person would suggest that NZ had done enough (figuratively speaking) when they had Australia 9 down still needing 60 odd or whatever. Then Nathan Lyon batted extremely well, through no fault of the bowlers. Turns out he didn't get over the line, but my point stands.

It's just not that simple. Not all the time do you have 'someone to blame'

Sylvester

State Captain
Cricket isn't as predictable as that though. Sometimes players can perform above and beyond expectations and what they've done in the past.

For example, that Hobart test between Australia and NZ... the reasonable person would suggest that NZ had done enough (figuratively speaking) when they had Australia 9 down still needing 60 odd or whatever. Then Nathan Lyon batted extremely well, through no fault of the bowlers. Turns out he didn't get over the line, but my point stands.

It's just not that simple. Not all the time do you have 'someone to blame'
Well ignoring the LBW overturn they would be blaming the bowlers for not getting rid of the number 11 batsmen. If you wanted an example VVS knock in 01 would have been the one and after that match Waugh would hesitate to enforce the follow on. So one way or another blame will be placed somewhere.

Spark

Global Moderator
I hope Gambhir finishes the tour with at least two centuries, and Warner gets out for single digit scores and loses his place in the side. Ideal take-that at the Delhi Daredevils franchise and the IPL as a whole.

Zaheer, Ishant, Umesh and Ashwin- may be India's top four bowling. Give them good fielding support and a fifth bowler (or a batsman substitute) and they'll do the team a lot of good. Unusually, except Zaheer, none have completed fifty FC games outside Tests.

Ian Chappell thought it's a colossal mistake to play Kohli in place of Sharma. How big an error will it be?
Haha wtf?

IPL has nothing to do with why Dave Warner got selected.

benchmark00

Well ignoring the LBW overturn they would be blaming the bowlers for not getting rid of the number 11 batsmen. If you wanted an example VVS knock in 01 would have been the one and after that match Waugh would hesitate to enforce the follow on. So one way or another blame will be placed somewhere.
Nah for me sometimes there is no blame. Don't get me wrong, sometimes there is, but I don't go looking for blame.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I can see Dhoni playing a really crucial knock tomorrow. Seems like the sort of **** who'd do that.
****ing VVS Laxman.

Have no idea why people think India are out of this game. The best batting line up in the world should be able to chase down anything under 280 fairly easily.

Burgey

****ing VVS Laxman.

Have no idea why people think India are out of this game. The best batting line up in the world should be able to chase down anything under 280 fairly easily.
They don't think it, not all of them. It's this Gambhiring jinxing **** that's spread like wildfire.

Needs excising.

And agree with the Laxman thing too. Worst habit of doing this fourth dig.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Adhwin needs to make sure he doesn't rely on his carrom ball too much - it's been the downfall of several spinners.

He's got a good offbreak - needs to keep using it. Heard chappelli and ganguly saying the same thing - completely agree with that.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
I'm not sure if it has been pointed out, but batting at the MCG has been a breeze in the fourth innings so far this season in Shield cricket.

318 by Victoria
399 by Queensland
363 by Western Australia.

Of course a Shield wicket is not prepared in the exact same way as a Test wicket, however it doesn't completely change character. Shows how important the morning session is in the match for Hussey and the tail to find an extra 50+ runs.

Decided I'm heading along to the MCG in the morning as it could be a classic this match.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
No no, your team has the advantage.

Nope, your team does. We have no chance.

Nah mate, you will win comfortably.

Ruckus

International Captain
Jesus Christ that's a dire looking scorecard by us:

79*
3*

On a wicket really not doing that much, against good, but by no means extraordinary, bowling....to have only two batsmen contribute scores in the double figures is horse****. And the worst part of it is, the batting line up is basically as good as we have.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Being soft and whinging about Gambhiring, when all the Gambhirers have left the thread, should be termed Sreesanthing... The only thing more dire.

Dissector

International Debutant
I would say the match is about even. The Indian bowlers can bowl flat out tomorrow morning and hopefully knock out the tail for under 30 runs. A target of 260 should be around par. I am hoping for some second innings runs from Laxman and I wouldn't be surprised by a crucial 30-40 runs from Kohli or Dhoni.