• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Howe_zat

Audio File
Read through the whole night, thinking the thread would be worth it after what sounds like a cracking day's cricket. Ah well.

Does anyone support their team here? I have had enough of each group of posters hyping up the other side. You should forfeit your right to celebrate victory once you start writing off your own team when the game is in the balance.
Quite.

Anyway, I'll throw my quid in and say Australia are just a millimetre ahead, just because Hussey's still there and I can see him shepherding the tail for an hour tonight. Not sure I really give a stuff about the quality of the Indian batting lineup - I wouldn't say you're only as good as your last game, but only as good as your last 18 months seems fair.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
But the innings could have been wrapped by the end of the day and Hussey's wicket would have been huge. Cant believe Dravid dropped such a regulation chance :wallbash:

Remember Sydney vs Pakistan. Hussey was batting there too.
Yeah but you're being flat out ****ing stupid. Time isn't a factor. It could be over two balls in tomorrow. You said the game was "over" when Dravid dropped the catch.

There's the occasional mock jinxing, there's being a tad excessive, then there's this appalling Gambhiring that's going on. I'm sorry, but it's just a flat out stupid comment. Like me saying the game was over when Haddin dropped Sehwag. It's just a dud call.

It might end up being the point where the game went away from India if these two put on a substantial partnership, but it might end up being the thing that stopped you going to stumps two down. No one knows.

I don't know why people do this so often. Is it attempting to jinx things, or is it if they make 100 outrageous predictions every match and one comes off, they can quote themselves?

Either way, Gambhiring is like Gambhir - utterly dire and deserving a belting.

Last edited:

benchmark00

It just goes to show how annoying the topic is though.

The one thing that ****s me in life is when my girlfriend walks into the room while I'm watching cricket and asks me 'Who's winning?'.

I then go on a massive rant about how noone is 'winning' in cricket and that she should sort her **** out. She then rolls her eyes and tells me to make my own dinner, as if to suggest I'm the one in the wrong.

fmd.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
It just goes to show how annoying the topic is though.

The one thing that ****s me in life is when my girlfriend walks into the room while I'm watching cricket and asks me 'Who's winning?'.

I then go on a massive rant about how noone is 'winning' in cricket and that she should sort her **** out. She then rolls her eyes and tells me to make my own dinner, as if to suggest I'm the one in the wrong.

fmd.
At least she doesn't have a fight with you to change the channel :(

benchmark00

What's its meaning?
Gambhiring v

A term to describe the writing off of one's team in an attempt to jinx the opposition's team.

Example: fmd, did you see Jono Gambhiring the other day saying that Tendulkar has run his course and won't make a score for the rest of the series and Australia will win even though India only need 20 runs with 8 wickets in hand? What a **** Jono is.

Last edited:

Sylvester

State Captain
A simple test for those thinking we have enough. If we lose are you going to blame our bowlers? If not then clearly we don't have enough.

Burgey

What's its meaning?
To make ridiculously anti-your own team predictions/ comments in terms of the state of the game, be it to try to be funny or to jinx the opposition or to hopefully say something outrageous in the forlorn hope it will come true and you'll somehow look prescient.

The practice is so annoying it is worthy of being named after such an annoying dickhead as Gambhir.

Edit: what M00peh said.

Last edited:

Zinzan

I fail to see how the game is in balance tbh, and I'm trying to be objective as possible. Lead of only 230, only two wickets remaining. ATG batting line up, with ample time to spare, an excellent weather forecast and a good batting deck. If the lead crosses about 270-280, then I think the game will start to be in the balance again. More than 300, starts to become advantage Australia.
William Hill has it at $1.91 each while most of the other major bookies seem to have India as favorites, but only marginally

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Why can't India just bat well?
They can. And they generally do. So, while saying 'we have enough' that should have been taken into account.

I agree with Sylvester comletely here. Similarly, the Indians saying we are out of the game lose any right to blame the batsmen in the 4th innings if we lose indeed.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
I hope Gambhir finishes the tour with at least two centuries, and Warner gets out for single digit scores and loses his place in the side. Ideal take-that at the Delhi Daredevils franchise and the IPL as a whole.

Zaheer, Ishant, Umesh and Ashwin- may be India's top four bowling. Give them good fielding support and a fifth bowler (or a batsman substitute) and they'll do the team a lot of good. Unusually, except Zaheer, none have completed fifty FC games outside Tests.

Ian Chappell thought it's a colossal mistake to play Kohli in place of Sharma. How big an error will it be?

Burgey

I hope Gambhir finishes the tour with at least two centuries, and Warner gets out for single digit scores and loses his place in the side. Ideal take-that at the Delhi Daredevils franchise and the IPL as a whole.

Zaheer, Ishant, Umesh and Ashwin- may be India's top four bowling. Give them good fielding support and a fifth bowler (or a batsman substitute) and they'll do the team a lot of good. Unusually, except Zaheer, none have completed fifty FC games outside Tests.

Ian Chappell thought it's a colossal mistake to play Kohli in place of Sharma. How big an error will it be?
Why would how you feel about players' fortunes in tis series have anything to do with an IPL team?