• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in South Africa 2011/12

Rasimione

U19 Captain
this is what happens when people are played on reputation. Prince,boucher must go. Boucher apologists make me sick.

Lostman

State Captain
I get up and log into to Cricinfo and see the headline "SA struggle to save follow on"

It took 10 minutes to comprehend what I read.

Rasimione

U19 Captain
and if Prince is in the team for quota reason then Reeza Hendricks can do alot better than this out of form guy. Or have i chuckd away my common sense?

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Morkel's probably about as good against genuine pace and bounce as Suresh Raina but worse at surviving against spin than Chris Martin. Slight exaggeration in both of those comments but FMD I've never seen such a difference in ability from against pace to spin.
Uh what about the guy who just frickin reverse swept at 6/110?

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hmm once you get South Africa 4 down the rest of their batting is really pitiful.

Prince is fairly ****e and a choker. Boucher is a choker and past his best. The rest can't bat. I guess this is why South Africa are so erratic, their top order (Rudolph aside) is a match for anyone but if you get through that there's not much left - just takes a bit of luck or a couple of rubbish shots.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
A lot of people seemed to think Saffa would be taking our #1 spot before the winter was out, but they always come off, for me, as a side who are generally much better on paper than in output. Since their win in Australia they really haven't kicked on.

benchmark00

and if Prince is in the team for quota reason then Reeza Hendricks can do alot better than this out of form guy. Or have i chuckd away my common sense?
What is the current quota policy in SA cricket? Is there an open set of rules that everyone knows about or not?

Rasimione

U19 Captain
Hmm once you get South Africa 4 down the rest of their batting is really pitiful.

Prince is fairly ****e and a choker. Boucher is a choker and past his best. The rest can't bat. I guess this is why South Africa are so erratic, their top order (Rudolph aside) is a match for anyone but if you get through that there's not much left - just takes a bit of luck or a couple of rubbish shots.
exactly. From number 6 we crap. And we've allowed it. Gibbs once said that theres a clique runnig the team, and im willing to bet their the ones keeping him in the team.

Lostman

State Captain
This is a lot more amusing considering the SL players got paid a couple of days before the test started.:p

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Think missing the follow-on is a bit of a blessing for SL anyway. Plenty of time left in the game so there's a good chance to set an unreachable target.

benchmark00

As far as i know, it is there, but no one wants to talk about it.
I'm definitely under the impression it still exists (not suggesting this is the only reason Prince is in the team ftr). So they haven't actually come out and said what the quota is? And would the quota be for the team or for the list of contracted players (if SA have a central contract system)?