• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
No, it was funny the first 800 times (though always puerile). Anyone who comes on here and says Australia is in front in this game ATM has their head up their arse. Simple as.
Australia is ahead for me. I don't have faith in India chasing in this match. Especially with Pattinson bowling the way he is. Simple as.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
From what I remember last summer most of the times we hardly had any runs on the board which meant we never really attacked when we bowled, Hilfenhaus was bowling a foot outside off, with just about no close-in fielders for no other obvious reason other than containment so that Siddle and Johnson could do whatever they wanted from the other end.

Siddle has shown signs of improvement in terms of his length and whenever he bowls upto the bat he looks menacing, but still he is hardly consistent or reliable, with Hilf like I said there are things he needs to work on but he is proven customer and with a guy like McDermott at helm he would iron out his flaws.
Tbf, Siddle's **** spell after tea gave a lot of impetus to India.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Australia is ahead for me. I don't have faith in India chasing in this match. Especially with Pattinson bowling the way he is. Simple as.
But.. are you saying that India are unlikely to make 333 or above this innings?

I guess it could make sense that if you think India makes 350, Australia are still in front.

Spark

Global Moderator

I guess it could make sense that if you think India makes 350, Australia are still in front.
If, as people are saying, this pitch won't be great to bat on last, I'd be OK with India having a small lead.

But we have to bowl a lot better than we did today.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year

Taking into account the way Hussey and Cowan were sent back, I see Australia batting much better in the 2nd innings. Also, as Teja mentioned, there's always a possibility of a collapse here. Dravid and Laxman are the only two left capable of handling Pattinson, imo.

Spark

Global Moderator
Ian chappell reckons aussies bowled fairly well and did what they possibly could do
He's talking nonsense. No way was all that legside rubbish anything but bad bowling. Pattinson was good all day, Siddle's last spell was excellent, but other than that it was pretty unedifying.

Spark

Global Moderator
Taking into account the way Hussey and Cowan were sent back, I see Australia batting much better in the 2nd innings. Also, as Teja mentioned, there's always a possibility of a collapse here. Dravid and Laxman are the only two left capable of handling Pattinson, imo.
The way Hussey's been batting it probably wouldn't have made a great deal of difference to the scoreline if that one hadn't been given tbh

pup11

International Coach
Tbf, Siddle's **** spell after tea gave a lot of impetus to India.
That's because he was bowling back of a length outside off to statistically two of the best batsmen to ever play test cricket and they would have trashed that sort of bowling even in their sleep.

Whenever he bowled full he looked like picking up a wicket but I think he likes seeing the ball whiz past the batsman's nose a lot more than actually getting them out.

As far as the game is concerned we need a massive effort tomorrow in the 1st session from all our bowlers, otherwise it would be all India for rest of this test which might set the tone for rest of the series as well.

Ruckus

International Captain
Ian chappell reckons aussies bowled fairly well and did what they possibly could do
Na, no way. Pattinson pretty good throughout, though his early spell wasn't on the money. Siddle pretty garbage all the way through, except his last few overs. Hilf lousy all the way through, except his few opening overs. Lyon simply unmenacing. Considering the batting really wasn't that great, aside from Tendulkar, the bowling on the whole was pretty poor.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Turn it up. Pattinson bowled pretty well but he's hardly a demon bowler. Pitch will have less bounce in it tomorrow which will also play into the Indian batsmen's hands.

Australia are nowhere near out of it, but you going on about how Australia are on top is total superstitious horse ****.

sachin200

U19 12th Man
I think Dravid will get out fairly soon tomorrow morning so basically Laxman and Kohli (he would be bombarded by short balls...) and Ashwin (maybe not sure). Dhoni is as useless as they come he will drive at wide half volley to second slip and walk back