• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Stapel

International Regular
Their recent averages don't reflect good to very good though, but rather great. I don't think you can select any ATG players from their side who can continue to perform once they hit a bad patch.
Happened to Bell, Pietersen & Cook. And to Strauss too for that matter.

I really think Cook will be an all time great in due time.

Anyway: on topic:

Siddle and Hadddin to elevate Aus to 350, just to see their hard work chopped to pieces by Tendulkar's 100th 100.

gvenkat

State Captain
So... You're saying it's stupid to not use it just because it's not 100% accurate, but at the same time that the BCCI are valid in refusing it because it's not 100%? Just a touch contradictory imo.
No. What I'm saying is predictive path is not accurate and BCCI do have a point there. Especially after the Ian Bell issue in the World Cup. However hot spot seems to be accurate. So there should be a case made for the use of technology atleast with Hot spot. All I'm asking is what is the issue for India with the hot spot and if so can some one clear that doubt that the Indian board has and rope them in. If not Why can't the other boards just ask BCCI to shove it up their rears.. ?

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
No. What I'm saying is predictive path is not accurate and BCCI do have a point there. Especially after the Ian Bell issue in the World Cup. However hot spot seems to be accurate. So there should be a case made for the use of technology atleast with Hot spot. All I'm asking is what is the issue for India with the hot spot and if so can some one clear that doubt that the Indian board has and rope them in. If not Why can't the other boards just ask BCCI to shove it up their rears.. ?
We need your money. Pretty much the only thing India are useful for right now.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I believe if fans think like gotspin they have to suck it up too and stop the whinging. :cool:
Why should I stop complaining when the BCCI is acting like a Neanderthal.

I'm going to have a field day when India cops some bad decisions.

gvenkat

State Captain
Why should I stop complaining when the BCCI is acting like a Neanderthal.

I'm going to have a field day when India cops some bad decisions.
The point I'm trying to make is

Even without hot spot etc. Technology in rudimentary form can be of help to howlers. Let's take everything out hawkeye, hot spot and what not.

Just have plain old replays. We would have reversed two decisions yesterday. As simple as that. I think they should start with that first and see if the Neanderthals oppose it.

AlwaysProteas

U19 12th Man
The point I'm trying to make is

Even without hot spot etc. Technology in rudimentary form can be of help to howlers. Let's take everything out hawkeye, hot spot and what not.

Just have plain old replays. We would have reversed two decisions yesterday. As simple as that. I think they should start with that first and see if the Neanderthals oppose it.
So why take out hotspot? Sometimes there are inside edges that are clear on hot spot but don't show a clear deflection.

gvenkat

State Captain
So why take out hotspot? Sometimes there are inside edges that are clear on hot spot but don't show a clear deflection.
Didn't the Poms whinge about Vaseline in the bat on Hotspot? I'm saying that plain vanilla replays are good to start with and then work toward an 100% system. That way the Neanderthals are satisfied. Clearly Hussey got a howler yesterday and those are the ones we should eliminate.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
There've been a few occasions where its been off on partial aspects, more times than not its been accurate.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I sense this could end up being the sequel to Sydney 2008, with Sachin being let off by Erasmus on 0 tomorrow, and going on to get 200, Sehwag edging the ball to first slip and standing his ground on, Dravid claiming a dodgy catch off Clarke and Dhoni raising Erasmus' finger for him, and Ponting getting a shocking caught behind decision, all leading to an Indian win in the final session with Sachin cleaning up the tail.

Would be so awesome :ph34r:
Nah, the moment of the series will be Sachin given out LBW on 99 to a ball going a foot down leg. :happy:

AlwaysProteas

U19 12th Man
Didn't the Poms whinge about Vaseline in the bat on Hotspot? I'm saying that plain vanilla replays are good to start with and then work toward an 100% system. That way the Neanderthals are satisfied. Clearly Hussey got a howler yesterday and those are the ones we should eliminate.
Is your point that hotspot can't pick up the faintest of nicks, therefore not 100% so therefore we should not use it?