• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Thought Cowan did a terrific job, left the ball really well. Great to have someone like that to point to young kids as a role model for opening the batting.

Sharma was impressive, but he also was like that early in England. Hopefully for Aus he will struggle to maintain it! Zaheer struck at the right time and got his tail up, and exemplified what I'm most worried about this series - India, series against England aside, have made a habit out of winning big moments and finding a way to win, and they showed that quality again today either side of tea. We haven't shown anything like that for some time.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Never seen Hussey look so pissed-off at a bad decision btw.
When the pressure is mounting on your place in the side then any crap decision feels 10X worse. Be bad if he got dropped for Watson off back of this game as you can't see them dropping Cowan after todays effort.

benchmark00

Bugger off, if it was a great innings for a defensive bat he wouldn't have got out eh?
So the only time you can say someone did a great job is when they end up not out? Nevermind the fact he didn't hit it. It was a perfect exhibition of opening batsmanship.

Jayzamann

International Regular
Bitter pill to swallow, it's not just a ****ty decision going against his record, it may be the last ****ty decision he ever gets.

lol na he may get boned again in the second innings.

smash84

The Tiger King
both teams would be reasonably happy at this stage.

India probably would be a bit disappointed not to have cashed in when Aus were 6 down.

The tail holding up the Indian bowling yet AGAIN

Athlai

Not Terrible
So the only time you can say someone did a great job is when they end up not out? Nevermind the fact he didn't hit it.
A great defensive knock against average bowling would see you there at the end of the day or after amassing a big score. You really think his innings falls into the "great" category?

Looser standards than your mum.

benchmark00

Thought Cowan did a terrific job, left the ball really well. Great to have someone like that to point to young kids as a role model for opening the batting.

Sharma was impressive, but he also was like that early in England. Hopefully for Aus he will struggle to maintain it! Zaheer struck at the right time and got his tail up, and exemplified what I'm most worried about this series - India, series against England aside, have made a habit out of winning big moments and finding a way to win, and they showed that quality again today either side of tea. We haven't shown anything like that for some time.
How many tins deep??

Briony

International Debutant

He knows he's on cricket's version of death row and Punter scoring runs doesn't help his cause. That's cricket though, he's also had his share of luck even taking Akmal out of the equation.

benchmark00

A great defensive knock against average bowling would see you there at the end of the day or after amassing a big score. You really think his innings falls into the "great" category?

Looser standards than your mum.
There's a difference between great and all time great.

Would say there's been about five all time great innings in the last decade. So really only five matches in the last ten years have been worthy of your standards.

Athlai

Not Terrible
There's a difference between great and all time great.

Would say there's been about five all time great innings in the last decade. So really only five matches in the last ten years have been worthy of your standards.
Pretty rich to talk to me about my standards. Just because I don't rate a decent innings where the batsman didn't even ton up as great I must be the pickiest **** in the world. You're spouting **** mate.

Ruckus

International Captain
Surely India are still ahead here? The wicket looks a great a batting surface really, and with the only forecast rain for the rest of the test to come tommorow morning, India really should have very good batting conditions for their first innings. A par score on this wicket would have to be at least 350-400?

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Surely India are still ahead here? The wicket looks a great a batting surface really, and with the only forecast rain for the rest of the test to come tommorow morning, India really should have very good batting conditions for their first innings. A par score on this wicket would have to be at least 350-400?
Yeah, Sehwag to make hay unless Pattinson gets him early.

benchmark00

Pretty rich to talk to me about my standards. Just because I don't rate a decent innings where the batsman didn't even ton up as great I must be the pickiest **** in the world. You're spouting **** mate.
Pretty sure you should only watch bowlers who bowled for the Windies in the 70s/80s buddy. Can't believe you've lowered your standards to watching Australia vs India!! Not worth watching if someone hasnt finished on 200* and a bowler hasnt taken 7/12.

Ruckus

International Captain
Yeah indeed, I really don't rate Sehwag on anything other than flat surfaces, but this looks like the kind of pitch he might thrive on. New ball will be crucial.

Burgey

It's a bit slow if anything. Little bit of bounce every now and then, but it's generally pretty good.

benchmark00

Yeah but there's nothing stopping Australia from getting 350-400, in fact it's disappointing if they don't end up around that mark.