• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

ajdude

International Coach
i wish this was going until like midnight, i was looking forward to watching the other test but vern isn't playing fml :(

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Poetic justice here would be for a "Symonds" decision to go against India in a deciding test, with Rauf umpiring at the time. Australia go on to win the series and India to be completely outraged.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wait wait wait. So what would have happened if India wanted DRS and channel nine couldn't show hawkeye? Farce. Imagine how suss it would look to Indian fans at home if they couldn't provide hawkeye when it looked out.

ganeshran

International Debutant
Dude, this proves you definitely did miss the point earlier.

I am one who doesn't care about the lack of DRS but what you've said is not relevant to the point others are making.
I was just keeping count of the wrong decisions and whose favor it went in. I understand the point that others are making with respect to DRS.

I am as much in favour of DRS here as others, just want it with simple replays, the pitch map and hotspot and without hawkeye.

ajdude

International Coach
what the **** is heals going on about, last i checked, a "boxing day test" and a "boxing day test" are the same thing

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good start to this series, few swings both ways and overall a pretty even day so far.

How well has Siddle batted this last 12 months? Almost putting himself into the realms of reasonable number 8 now.

miscer

U19 Cricketer
Im in favor of a new system of umpiring. There should be a team of umpires where the third umpire is and they should all be assigned certain tasks. Basically any appeals go to them, any no ball declarations go to them and any wide declarations basically everything. It should all just be a formula fed into a computer and then for all the marginal decisions they get to decide based on certain rules and the situation etc.

1 On field umpire to regulate play and keep an eye on the players and what not should be enough but he basically does nothing. If u like classic cricket we can have him still raise his finger and all that upon direction from the 3rd umpires.

now that is true cricket. totally serious about this btw. this would get rid of all the bull****.

Redbacks

International Captain
Wait wait wait. So what would have happened if India wanted DRS and channel nine couldn't show hawkeye? Farce. Imagine how suss it would look to Indian fans at home if they couldn't provide hawkeye when it looked out.
So, on review, the last three pages of jumping up and down about the BCCI was somewhat ill-judged.

ganeshran

International Debutant
50 partnership up. There is no pressure at all from India. They seem to be content just getting through the overs