• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Guessed so, since neo cricket isn't showing any replays. Cricinfo says it was marginal
Shock me BCCI Cricinfo not calling it as plainly not out.

God their ball by ball commentary is dire. Used to be good til the blokes doing it decided to think of themselves as comedians (they aren't ftr).

Stapel

International Regular
Hmmm, Cowan's dismissal looked out to me. Right after the wicket I went for a snack. Really surprised to see the discussion and the conclusion he didn't nick it....

Would it have been overturned by DRS? Or was it too marginal?

Anyway, shouldn't have been out...

About India, the Indian players, The BCCI or CA... It is my view that BCCI are the biggest enemy of cricket. Can't figure out if they are just stupid or hate cricket.... And I think the Indian (senior) players should stand up to the BCCI. They bear a responsibility too!

Top_Cat

Uh, the ICC executive board itself voted in October to make UDRS not mandatory - Australia wasn't a lone wolf there.
Mate, you're drastically over-simplfying how the decision was reached. It wasn't just about who wanted it, comes down to cash too. A unanimous decision of some sort had to be reached or no-one could use it. Making it not mandatory was the only possible decision.

benchmark00

Just when you think the thread couldn't get any more ridiculous, pup11 comes in with his philosophy on Australian cricket. That's exactly what we need to do, try and hit more boundaries.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
I just can't understand why we can't have a DRS where replays are the only 'weapons' to judge the decision. One replay was enough for Hussey and Cowan. **** hotspot, **** snicko, **** hawkeye.
BCCI says that moving picture images aren't a 100% accurate representation of what actually occurred.

Jayzamann

International Regular

God their ball by ball commentary is dire. Used to be good til the blokes doing it decided to think of themselves as comedians (they aren't ftr).
If they post that ****ing joke commentary about Jimmy bowling at 200mph one more time...

Burgey

Just when you think the thread couldn't get any more ridiculous, pup11 comes in with his philosophy on Australian cricket. That's exactly what we need to do, try and hit more boundaries.
You were happy with that approach from Haddin in Cape Town at 5-15.......

:ph34r:

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
We have never had too many technically proficient batsmen in the Australian test side and this side is no different but what distinguishes the current batting line-up from the previous one's apart from obvious gulf in class is their muddled and conservative approach towards batting.

Australian way has always been to counter attack and be aggressive in tough situations which this line-up has not been doing for sometime now, personally I would be far more happy if our batting collapsed while trying to be aggressive rather than just falling over lamely playing almost nothing shots.
Probably some of the worst advice I ever read on CW.

ajdude

International Coach
there once was a man named ravichandran ashwin hahahahahahaha limericks are so funny hahaha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

fmd it's the first day of the series and i'm already filthy haha

wellAlbidarned

International Coach

Not to mention that they publish comments from anyone with the same level of wit as them, which is pretty much any 12 year old with internet access.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Its a stupid tactic with an in-out field anyway. Should just look to milk the bowling. Thats what the best sides do.

hazsa19

International Regular
People accuse Haddin of getting out in stupid ways. The truth is he needs to play more rash shots, apparently.