• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This revs thing will actually change the way we analyse spin bowling from the sidelines I reckon. Best technology I've seen introduced into the comm box since hawkeye, no doubt.

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
40 times a second? Thats sounds ridiculously high. Would have never have thought that.
Yeah seems incredibly high.

Clarke's just not a number 3, Pontings done the job for years, you can understand him moving down the order.

Time for Hussey to step up. Guess he wants to protect that inflated average..
Marsh is an opener, so surely it would be better for him to bat 3 than at 6?

hazsa19

International Regular
C'mon! It is disgraceful and highly irresponsible for an experienced batsman like Bell to be batting down at 6 while the inexperienced Trott is batting at 3!!!!!
Yeah, that's a fair comparison. It's not like Trott has had any success in Test Cricket or anything. It's also completely irrelevant that Trott came into the side with an established and successful opening partnership?

Sometimes it's just obvious that someone needs some time before making the step to number 3, and the team needs one of its senior members to step up. Especially when a guy averages 50 and opened for a lot of his career.

Clarke will never be a 4 though.

EDIT: And I actually think this applies to Khawaja more than Marsh. I would get Khawaja in at 6 and stick with him, he'll come good.

Last edited:

Burgey

Key word is originally, the Hussey of today is fairly clueless against anything which moves off the straight
He scored tons in the Ashes series last year against an attack all you Poms think was swinging and seaming it around corners ffs.

Burgey

Against the kiwi, English or Saffa attack probably yes, but against this Indian line-up you'd expect the bats to prosper. This series will probably be decided between the respective batsmen unless Pattinson can continue his stellar form.
You haven't been watching for long today obviously.

Burgey

Viewer verdict is so crap.
86.4% of people don't give a flying **** what viewer verdict says.

There's that extra bounce on off stump that's been there now and again.

Kudos to Zaheer Khan, who picks up the first wicket of the tour for an Indian opening bowler.