• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Seeing a guy like Cowan succeed just shows the private school system could produce more test players if it wasn't so criminally underfunded by the federal government. :ph34r:

Every private school should have a Test quality oval ffs.

Last edited:

hazsa19

International Regular
Am convinced hazsa19 is a troll now. Wonder if he thinks the same about Ian Bell.
Throwing Ian Bell in at number 4 and then 3 as a youngster was the worst thing we could have done.

I fully expect Bell to be Englands permanent number 3 for a few years when Trott goes.

hazsa19

International Regular
The top 3 are all First Class openers. Ponting and Clarke are both experienced.
Clarke's just not a number 3, Pontings done the job for years, you can understand him moving down the order.

Time for Hussey to step up. Guess he wants to protect that inflated average..

benchmark00

Throwing Ian Bell in at number 4 and then 3 as a youngster was the worst thing we could have done.

I fully expect Bell to be Englands permanent number 3 for a few years when Trott goes.
Despite the fact Trott is less than one year older than Bell...

Horses for courses mate. No such thing as one size fits all.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Clarke's just not a number 3, Pontings done the job for years, you can understand him moving down the order.

Hussey at 3? That bloke can barely deal with the moving ball at 6, how do you expect him to survive first up

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach

C'mon! It is disgraceful and highly irresponsible for an experienced batsman like Bell to be batting down at 6 while the inexperienced Trott is batting at 3!!!!!

Burgey

Jeez 3/200 is about as good as I'd dare have realistically hoped for at the start of the day.

benchmark00

Hussey at 3? That bloke can barely deal with the moving ball at 6, how do you expect him to survive first up
I think that's a bit of a stretch, consider Hussey made a career out of opening originally, however it would be ridiculous to move someone like Hussey who has had great success batting at 6 and batting with the tail, whereas you've got Marsh who is a top order player.

Briony

International Debutant

From what we're told Punter would have been happy to stay at #3 but the selectors made the decision. You might argue that Hussey is shirking responsibility but Clarke bats pretty low for someone who's touted as Australia's best bat. Guess his #4 stats though show he's not cut out to be a top order batsman. Sometimes the line-up is about team balance.

Burgey

Notice on that pic they use for Rotator, the shiny spot on the ball never moves?

Doing it with mirrors IMHO.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
I think that's a bit of a stretch, consider Hussey made a career out of opening originally, however it would be ridiculous to move someone like Hussey who has had great success batting at 6 and batting with the tail, whereas you've got Marsh who is a top order player.
Key word is originally, the Hussey of today is fairly clueless against anything which moves off the straight

Briony

International Debutant
Jeez 3/200 is about as good as I'd dare have realistically hoped for at the start of the day.

Against the kiwi, English or Saffa attack probably yes, but against this Indian line-up you'd expect the bats to prosper. This series will probably be decided between the respective batsmen unless Pattinson can continue his stellar form.