• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
What's with all the short bowling after the break? FFS!!
It reminds me of all the bowling attacks who came to Australia in the 90's and 00's. Some early success with the short ball, and soon enough the gameplan seems to revolve around pitching the ball short.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
More than the test match, you know it's Boxing Day when the "Sydney shark terror" story is on the 6pm news.

Redbacks

International Captain
What's with all the short bowling after the break? FFS!!
Doesn't help when you only put one man out. Either at fine leg or deep backward square and then bowl at a pace where Ponting can pick the gap.

If they wanted to bowl short both men should have been out and the bouncers 10cm higher.

Top_Cat

Just to confirm that batting first was the right call, the pitch has flattened out nicely but bad news for India, the MCG seems to quicken up after day 1, perfect for a demon like Pattinson I'd have thought. Local knowledge for the win.

smash84

The Tiger King
It reminds me of all the bowling attacks who came to Australia in the 90's and 00's. Some early success with the short ball, and soon enough the gameplan seems to revolve around pitching the ball short.
my thoughts went back to the Pak attacks of late 90s and 00s who suffered from this

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
This is good opening batting. Gives the new ball bowlers almost no chances by leaving every delivery outside off, two hours later and the pitch is flat and the bowlers are giving him width and look very docile.

Uppercut

Around the wicket to Cowan is probably a good call, he was using the angle across him really well.

The main thing is to stop bowling total piss, though.

Burgey

Just to confirm that batting first was the right call, the pitch has flattened out nicely but bad news for India, the MCG seems to quicken up after day 1, perfect for a demon like Pattinson I'd have thought. Local knowledge for the win.
Yep. Can't believe any line of thought that if there's a bit of cloud you bowl first, even if the pitch is straw coloured. I know our batting has been ****, but you have to back your blokes to get it done first up unless its a green top.

Top_Cat

haha, the grafter turns stylist after the break and goes from giving you nothing to giving you everything. So many bad memories, bittersweet watching Cowan right now.