• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

shankar

International Debutant
Fairly even session. India haven't bowled well but they've just about caused a couple of wickets worth of trouble. Zaheer looking the least dangerous of the pacers is a big concern.
Nah, I trust him to get it right unless he's carrying a niggle or gets injured.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
The "reception" on my mother's "television" hasn't been great & I've had to endure Star's commentary, but an interesting morning's play.

Jury still out on Cowan. He's either very disciplined or very limited. Or maybe a little from both columns.

Ruckus

International Captain
Is Marsh really the best option at 3?

Obviously talented but the mail has always been that he is inconsistent and a "nicker" - not really the traits we need
Marsh probably just won't work in the long term. Should probably just be a backup option, because I doubt he'll last fitness wise, and it isn't like he is that good he definately needs to be in the side on a permanent basis.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Marsh probably just won't work in the long term. Should probably just be a backup option, because I doubt he'll last fitness wise, and it isn't like he is that good he definately needs to be in the side on a permanent basis.
Your not exactly spoilt for choice at the moment if we're honest.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The "reception" on my mother's "television" hasn't been great & I've had to endure Star's commentary, but an interesting morning's play.

Jury still out on Cowan. He's either very disciplined or very limited. Or maybe a little from both columns.
Tbf, they havent bowled much loose stuff to him

You could probably only nominate a couple of deliveries where he might have scored but didnt put it away IMO

Anyway, we were just about all out by this time last year so I'll take a blocker over that any day

Chubb

International Regular
Well batted Cowan. Disappointed with the attitude of Ian Healey in particular towards someone showing patience and graft in a test match. Cowan is what Australia need at the moment.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Tbf, they havent bowled much loose stuff to him

You could probably only nominate a couple of deliveries where he might have scored but didnt put it away IMO

Anyway, we were just about all out by this time last year so I'll take a blocker over that any day
It's certainly a change of pace from an opener who tries to cut everything to one who doesn't seem to play it at all.

Redbacks

International Captain
Hmm, he did get an awful lot of balls down the leg side that he wasn't interested in.
The comms picked up on his wide stance being an issue. He looks set up to play on the front outside off anything else and his momentum just isn't going the correct way.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The comms picked up on his wide stance being an issue. He looks set up to play on the front outside off anything else and his momentum just isn't going the correct way.
Yeah, it's quite distinctive. I wonder how England would bowl to him.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Great stuff from Cowan. First ever test player produced by my school. It's about time we have an opener who's willing to leave the ball

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ed Had his baggy green presented by Dean Jones. No doubt Deano took the chance to remind everyone about his 200 vs India in Madras.