• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

ganeshran

International Debutant
Hope that happens again this time...

Sorry I am just extremely pissed with BCCI for preventing progress in cricket
I dont see how BCCI is preventing progress in cricket. BCCI hasnt asked for banning DRS from being used, its just the the series where India is involved. All other nations are still free to go ahead and make use of DRS - yet not all of them do it. A good example is the current Pakistan vs Bangladesh series.

I support the review system too, yet see that it still has wrinkles in the technology part that need to be ironed out.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I dont see how BCCI is preventing progress in cricket. BCCI hasnt asked for banning DRS from being used, its just the the series where India is involved. All other nations are still free to go ahead and make use of DRS - yet not all of them do it. A good example is the current Pakistan vs Bangladesh series.

I support the review system too, yet see that it still has wrinkles in the technology part that need to be ironed out.
Bangers can't afford it.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year

Come on...Are you seriously defending BCCI on this?

It is halting progress because India is one of the top 3 teams in world cricket and when it plays a big series against other top ranked teams like South Africa or England or Australia and DRS is not used, then cricket is going backwards. It is more important for cricket for DRS to be used in an India-Australia or India-England series than a Pakistan-Bangladesh series.

Last edited:

ganeshran

International Debutant
See having specific issues with certain aspects like hot spot is different to opposing the system as a whole. The DRS is not perfect, however it can only improve once we implement it. Only when you start implementing will flaws come up and then they will be rectified.
Of course, but there isnt enough discussion happening around the flaws in the system. right now the opinion is so polarized, that either you are with the DRS or against it. There are no articles on how to standardize technology, on how to ensure proper calibration of Hawk-eye-cameras.

The discussion is currently solely around BCCI's opposition to the system, and any opinion expressed is seen in that context rather than discussing the merits and demerits of the technology involved, independent of the BCCI's stand on the issue

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Of course, but there isnt enough discussion happening around the flaws in the system. right now the opinion is so polarized, that either you are with the DRS or against it. There are no articles on how to standardize technology, on how to ensure proper calibration of Hawk-eye-cameras.

The discussion is currently solely around BCCI's opposition to the system, and any opinion expressed is seen in that context rather than discussing the merits and demerits of the technology involved, independent of the BCCI's stand on the issue
because BCCI is not allowing DRS to be used enough for the merits and de merits to come out in the open. A big series like India-Australia promising top quality cricket over 4 matches would have been a great opportunity for the DRS to be used. All the cricket experts, commentators, analysts would be watching this series and it would have been a great opportunity to see the DRS in action and then debate its merits/de merits.

ganeshran

International Debutant
because BCCI is not allowing DRS to be used enough for the merits and de merits to come out in the open. A big series like India-Australia promising top quality cricket over 4 matches would have been a great opportunity for the DRS to be used. All the cricket experts, commentators, analysts would be watching this series and it would have been a great opportunity to see the DRS in action and then debate its merits/de merits.
You are again tying DRS totally to BCCI's stand on it as if they are not separate. We all know the BCCI's position on it and clearly have expressed our opinion on it which is not going to change anytime soon.

The time has come to start debating the system itself seeing its usage in other series and there are enough series happening to draw our conclusions from. There have been enough flaky decisions to come from Hawkeye to justify more effort needed by manufacturers to standardize it - the calibration of the cameras, the predictive technology itself. Hotspot also showed issues with RD's dismissals where there was no hotspot spot but he admitted nicking it, there was a similar another dismissal in the series too IIRC.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
You are again tying DRS totally to BCCI's stand on it as if they are not separate. We all know the BCCI's position on it and clearly have expressed our opinion on it which is not going to change anytime soon.

The time has come to start debating the system itself seeing its usage in other series and there are enough series happening to draw our conclusions from. There have been enough flaky decisions to come from Hawkeye to justify more effort needed by manufacturers to standardize it - the calibration of the cameras, the predictive technology itself. Hotspot also showed issues with RD's dismissals where there was no hotspot spot but he admitted nicking it, there was a similar another dismissal in the series too IIRC.
I am sorry...not really in with the lingo these days...
RD and IIRC :(

G.I.Joe

International Coach
The BCCI is opposed to UDRS and that is undoubtedly a factor in people wishing bad luck to the Indian team when it comes to umpiring decisions. However, some of the Indian players (how many is anybody's guess. I know Sehwag and Gambhir want UDRS) are in favour of decision reviews, and it does seem unfair to wish the entire team bad luck at the expense of those who are opposed to it.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
The BCCI is opposed to UDRS and that is undoubtedly a factor in people wishing bad luck to the Indian team when it comes to umpiring decisions. However, some of the Indian players (how many is anybody's guess. I know Sehwag and Gambhir want UDRS) are in favour of decision reviews, and it does seem unfair to wish the entire team bad luck at the expense of those who are opposed to it.
You know I have nothing against the Indian team and whether I wish bad luck or good luck will ultimately have no bearing on the outcome of the series. :p

Look forward watching some riveting and intense cricket between two top quality sides.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You know I have nothing against the Indian team and whether I wish bad luck or good luck will ultimately have no bearing on the outcome of the series. :p

Look forward watching some riveting and intense cricket between two top quality sides.
Then you're watching the wrong series :ph34r: