• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Seems about right according to oddschecker:

Australia 7/5 (2.40)
Draw 15/8 (2.88)
India 76/25 (4.00)

India actually almost worth a sly quid or two. Trouble is their batting* folded quicker than superman on laundry day the last time they faced a test class attack awwy from home.

*The non-Rahul Dravid part of it
Nah that settles it.

Australia's test (and series) to lose. India firm underdogs. :ph34r:

howardj

International Coach
On thr other hand, according to News Limited papers this morning, a 13 man squad will be named with Watson, Harris, Hughes and Usman to miss, with Hilfenhaus, Cowan, Christian and Marsh to be included:

Cowan
Warner
Marsh
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Christian
Haddin
Siddle
Hilfenhaus
Pattinson
Starc
Lyon

On the other hand we could just wait unti the actual announcement lol

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Two teams not playing well, loaded with injuries, not having great preparation etc.

It's a crap shoot!

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think it's really difficult to call the odds. Australia's batting is a running joke, but so is India's seam attack. So what's the net result of that clash going to be? There's so many unknowns generally with the Australian side, of course most of the knowns are rubbish.

Australia's seamers should be able to get through India's batting if there's a bit in the pitch. Australia will be heavy favourites if the pitches make pace bowling by far the biggest factor in the games - but not to the point of that game against NZ.

heathrf1974

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
On thr other hand, according to News Limited papers this morning, a 13 man squad will be named with Watson, Harris, Hughes and Usman to miss, with Hilfenhaus, Cowan, Christian and Marsh to be included:

Cowan
Warner
Marsh
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Christian
Haddin
Siddle
Hilfenhaus
Pattinson
Starc
Lyon

On the other hand we could just wait unti the actual announcement lol
I think this list is right from what I've also read/heard recently.

howardj

International Coach
Seems strange picking an extended squad if that's the way they go. Would rather they just made the call between Starc and Hllf, and Cowan and Christian now. We learnt from player feedback in the Argus review that players feel unsettled by the naming of squads, and not knowing who is going to be in the team. An extended squad to my mind should only be picked if Watson and Harris were part of it (the rationale being that you'd need cover for these guys). With Marsh certain to be fit, there's no sense in picking an extended squad. Just make the above two calls, neither of which are reliant on pitch conditions, and be done with it.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Getting the really crap scores out of the way in the warm up game.

I like his thinking; its a very cunning plan, so cunning that not even Baldrick could surpass it.

TumTum

Banned
Cricinfo said the same thing about Christian before Hobart, was "strong chance to debut". Hopefully it isn't going to happen.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Why do they keep giving Rahane (he's failing though) and Rohit time to bat? Surely bat VVS at 3 or 4 and give him another innings. Same with Dhoni.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
AWTA. Hope Sehwag is just getting his bad scores for the tour out of the way. Need him and Gambhir fired up for the tests.