• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in South Africa 2011/12

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha, Steyn does seriously go for it but have you seen Tahir's celebrations? They're insane.

You'd think he just won the WC for his country sometimes.
Nice...Really? I actually like Steyn's celebrations, because they are directed inwards, and are almost always indicative of the match situation. Tahir on the other hand doesn't seem to care what the match situation is and runs off with his hands wide open like everyone should worship him. I'm sure the guy is just, as you said, really chuffed to be playing test cricket (and he is probably very modest off the field), but it doesn't stop him coming across as a bit of a douche tbh. I mean seriously in the context of the match that wicket was completely meaningless...his team mates almost looked embarrassed.
Yeah I'm not going to argue with you about this because you're right. I remember I once laughed at Brett Lee when he clean bowled Ganguly or some other Indian batsman and did the chainsaw when India had already racked up 700 on the board.

All I'm saying is I reckon he's been through so much and had to do quite a bit to make it to test cricket (and international cricket in general) he's probably just pumped to be taking test wickets.

Not going to deny that he looks like a douche. Just saying I don't mind it as much as others do.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I suppose each to its own regatding Tahirs celebrations.

Personally I find those poses by Flintoff and Afridi more irritating. :ph34r:
haha I still remember Ian Chappell having a go at Afridi because of his celebrations. :laugh:

Ruckus

International Captain
I suppose each to its own regatding Tahirs celebrations.

Personally I find those poses by Flintoff and Afridi more irritating. :ph34r:
Yeah Flintoff used to annoy me to no end...e.g. this Cricket - Andrew Flintoff V Simon Katich - Ashes 2005 =D - YouTube...arrggg just comes across as such an arrogant ****.

I don't mind about how Afridi goes about it though...when he does the whole arms wide open thing there's just a kind of "I'm taking the piss" vibe to it. Actually find him quite funny at times.

Heboric

International Debutant
Yeah Flintoff used to annoy me to no end...e.g. this Cricket - Andrew Flintoff V Simon Katich - Ashes 2005 =D - YouTube...arrggg just comes across as such an arrogant ****.

I don't mind about how Afridi goes about it though...when he does the whole arms wide open thing there's just a kind of "I'm taking the piss" vibe to it. Actually find him quite funny at times.
lol, it was these types of poses I was thinking of

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/07/25/article-0-05C74842000005DC-493_468x403.jpg

Last edited:

ganeshran

International Debutant
ICC has directly paid the Lankan players rather than routing the payment through SLCB

The ICC paid 46% of the fees due to Sri Lanka's cricketers for the World Cup, ESPNcricinfo has learned. The payment of US$2 million was made directly into the players' bank accounts, instead of routing it through Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC), on December 16.

The Sri Lankan players, who had not been paid since the tournament ended in April, were owed 25% of the country's participation fee, totalling about $4.3 million.

While the money was paid directly, it was arranged with assistance from SLC, who told the ICC of the amounts owed to each player and provided their respective bank account details, a person with knowledge of the payments said.

Earlier this month the Sri Lanka sports minister, Mahindananda Aluthgamage, said the ICC had agreed to pay US$2 million to SLC and that the coach and players would be paid out of those funds. The Sri Lankan Cricketers' Association (SLCA) had also contacted the Federation of International Cricketers' Association (FICA) for assistance over the delay in the cricketers' salaries for series following the World Cup this year.

SLC ran into financial problems after running up debts of $32.5 million to finance the building of two international stadiums in Hambantota and Pallekele, and to renovate the R Premadasa Stadium in Colombo, for the World Cup. All three stadiums have since been handed over to the military because the board was struggling to maintain them.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Good going by the ICC. Not being paid must have been stressful for the Lankans. Hopefully now they can improve their game and beat RSA.

Heboric

International Debutant
Lopsy been drafted into the Protea squad for second test.

Personally I think it would be a bit harsh if the thinking is to drop Morkel for Lopsy. Even though I understand having variation of the lefty.

ganeshran

International Debutant
Its unfortunate that ICC has to make the payments directly to the players - conveys a clear mistrust in the handling of finances by the board.

Len_SA

Cricket Spectator
I agree that it would be harsh to drop Morkel for Tsotsobe.
Probably more of a likely option to bring in either Tsotsobe/De Lange in the 3rd test if SA go 2-0 up in Durban.

Jacknife

International Captain

It's funny how people view things such as this because Afridi's celebration to me screams 'look at me, I just ****ing love myself', yet Flintoff's always looked more like a genuine piss take, especially the one you posted, years ago I remember when asked about it he said as much. It might have more to do with whether you like the cricketer in the first place.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
It's funny how people view things such as this because Afridi's celebration to me screams 'look at me, I just ****ing love myself', yet Flintoff's always looked more like a genuine piss take, especially the one you posted, years ago I remember when asked about it he said as much. It might have more to do with whether you like the cricketer in the first place.
awta

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Lopsy been drafted into the Protea squad for second test.

Personally I think it would be a bit harsh if the thinking is to drop Morkel for Lopsy. Even though I understand having variation of the lefty.
That makes no sense from South Africa. If they wanted a leftie might as well gone for Parnell as he is playing, fit, taking wickets (not many) and scoring runs. Lopsy is not a test match bowler.

MrPrez

International Debutant
That makes no sense from South Africa. If they wanted a leftie might as well gone for Parnell as he is playing, fit, taking wickets (not many) and scoring runs. Lopsy is not a test match bowler.
Haha, no ways. Lopsy is mile ahead of Parnell atm, Parnell is pretty useless in Tests. He averages 36 in FC!
If they want to replace Morne, give de Lange a chance imo.

It'd be stupid to drop Morne though, he needs to find a bit of form.