• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

ajdude

International Coach
Ganguly seems to think he is in contention. Since he has already made his debut and most other alternatives are injured, he is up the pecking order I guess.

Pathan has become really slow after his injury (mid 120s :(), and doesnt possess that banana swing anymore. He might be in for a comeback in the ODI series though, or in tests if one of Yadav/zak gets injured.
pathan swung it heaps in his ODI comeback v WI last week, he actually looked really good, took a wicket off his first ball haha...as an australian supporter i would like to see a full strength indian attack, which would be zaheer, ishant, ashwin and one of yadav/vinay kumar, right?

You can't look up this on Cricinfo though:

hahahahaha ****, quality call

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Watching this History Channel documentary on the Bubonic Plague reminds me how bad the next few weeks on here will be.

ganeshran

International Debutant
pathan swung it heaps in his ODI comeback v WI last week, he actually looked really good, took a wicket off his first ball haha...as an australian supporter i would like to see a full strength indian attack, which would be zaheer, ishant, ashwin and one of yadav/vinay kumar, right?
If all are fit, then that would be the top side. But Ishant is injured and Zak is always tentative.

So it will be Zaheer, Yadav and one of Mithun/Vinay/Dinda (or any other Ishant replacement). If Zaheer gets injured, I guess BCCI will have to call in Pathan. In the spinners Ashwin is ahead based on his performance in the tests vs Windies.

ajdude

International Coach
If all are fit, then that would be the top side. But Ishant is injured and Zak is always tentative.

So it will be Zaheer, Yadav and one of Mithun/Vinay/Dinda (or any other Ishant replacement). If Zaheer gets injured, I guess BCCI will have to call in Pathan. In the spinners Ashwin is ahead based on his performance in the tests vs Windies.
yeah I saw ashwin, he's always looked a very clever bowler. in the case of mithun, was his FC debut just a one off? same goes with jaidev unadkat, were they just freakish debuts or have they just not lived up to their initial hype? i guess deepak chahar can be added to that list as of now as well.

Last edited:

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
yeah I saw ashwin, he's always looked a very clever bowler. in the case of mithun, was his FC debut just a one off? same goes with jaidev unadkat, were they just freakish debuts or have they just not lived up to their initial hype? i guess deepak chahar can be added to that list as of now as well.
All of them are just one season old. Hardly India material at that time. Picked only on youth.

Deepak Chahar has had only one good game in his career, against a crumbling Hyderabad setup. This season, someone else demolished them, but got no coverage.

ganeshran

International Debutant
Mithun just had one decent season and Chahar not even that. These seamers are being thrust into the limelight on the back of a handful of performances (like Aaron) and then failing miserably at the international level. Yadav looks to be the only good find in the last 4 years.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Haha, love that. Sure there's rain forecast, but during summer I'm not entirely sure what the weather will be like in ten minutes, let alone across three days.
Shows how worried the Indians are and what the effect of that tour to England has been, tbh, more than anything else.

This is a stupid thing but it is a better kind of stupid than the usual BCCI shenanigans, if you guys know what I mean...

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Shows how worried the Indians are and what the effect of that tour to England has been, tbh, more than anything else.

This is a stupid thing but it is a better kind of stupid than the usual BCCI shenanigans, if you guys know what I mean...
Ya would rather we are this kind of stupid than the type where we go "We no need no practice match!!!".

Midwinter

State Captain
Just saw grown men cooking on a cricket show.

Cooking!!!!!!

No wonder the joint has gone to the ****ter. The feminization of Australia is complete.

When WSC started the commentary was tailored for women who were at home doing the ironing.

***Note to self: only turn tele on when the game is actually on***

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)

Ya would rather we are this kind of stupid than the type where we go "We no need no practice match!!!".
Definitely. When I read they wanted to leave Canberra to get practice in Melbourne since it was going to rain, I was like "****, they actually realise how important preparation is :-O"

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Think Kohli has pretty much locked in his place at No. 6 with this good knock. Read somewhere Ishant might bowl on day 3. Very important that he is handled properly and not rushed into the test match.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Ganguly really rates Dinda apparently.

As the tourists deal with a serious ankle injury to Sharma, Ganguly has questioned why uncapped Bengal paceman Ashok Dinda was not included in the original touring party to Australia.
Dinda is tipped to be drafted into the squad as cover for Sharma, who remains in doubt for the Boxing Day Test and could yet return home.
''Dinda is India's best pace bowler right now and should have been on that plane to Australia in the first place with rest of the squad,'' Ganguly said.

Read more: No point to Chappell's team talk - Ganguly

howardj

International Coach
Ganguly has got so many hidden agendas/grudges/hang ups that, with his comments, it's hard to sort the wheat from the chaff.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Definitely. When I read they wanted to leave Canberra to get practice in Melbourne since it was going to rain, I was like "****, they actually realise how important preparation is :-O"
Yeah, can't help the weather of course, but given the scheduling they've set up the best preparation they could have really.