• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Then I really hope your not one of those people who jinxes games he goes to.

Also how come India have managed to balls up yet another 3 day warm up game?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
doubt it. they know he can take wickets. it's his fitness they have doubts over.
And the performance he put in is going to suggest to them that he isn't fit yet IMO; or at least not bowling quite well enough to be worth the risk.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kinda hard to judge his fitness because the main test is that 3rd or 4th spell after tea and because of the rain....

Like Harris I think there's too much doubt to pick him for Boxing Day. but his career isn't over.

Spikey

it's just if we're gonna drop hughes and replace him with a 36yo opening I'd much rather the 36yo be Katich than Hussey

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
it's just if we're gonna drop hughes and replace him with a 36yo opening I'd much rather the 36yo be Katich than Hussey
Yeah and if they want to pick that particular top six with Hussey in and not Katich, then there are better candidates to open from it. Warner will definitely be open and I'm assuming that at least one of Watson/Marsh/Khawaja/Cowan will be playing. If Christian plays I think we'll see:

1 Warner
2 Watson (Khawaja or Cowan if he's not fit)
3 Ponting
4 Clarke
5 Hussey
6 Christian

If Hussey opens and Khawaja or Watson bat in the middle order I'll explode with you.

Last edited:

Spikey

jon holland took 6 wickets

christmas is ruined.

victoria will refuse to drop him for another 2 years now

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Fair point but you'd then be having to drop either Ponting or Hussey if your going to be continuing with the new era theme for the Test side.

Also in so far as I know Kat hasn't even been opening for the Blues this season.

jon holland took 6 wickets

christmas is ruined.
Your second spinner is found!

Ruckus

International Captain
Drop Warner.

But seriously, blessing in disguise. Gives him a bit more time to rest his back.

adub

International Captain
Tipping Hussey to open on Boxing Day with Christian at #6.
Could be a good roughy to lay a lobster on. I'd be happy if they don't play Watson if he can't bowl, and then swapping Muss to open in place of Hughes creates the least disturbance to the order with Uzi 3, and Clarke 5 where they ought to be. Would still drop Ponting anyway personally but I can see the selectors pulling this one out of the hat.