• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Apparently, Dinda has been called up as backup to Ishant. Seems like the selectors are not too keen on Irfan in tests till he does one full season.Strange.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good to see the healthy competition between Sharma and Kohli - good for Indian cricket...
It is good for them actually, to have that direct competition. There isn't all that much of that for our blokes atm, unfortunately.

Ruckus

International Captain
Who do people think is actually likely to replace Harris should he not be fit come boxing day? I swear to god it better not be Starc. Would prefer Hilf over him.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Who do people think is actually likely to replace Harris should he not be fit come boxing day? I swear to god it better not be Starc. Would prefer Hilf over him.
Oz seam positions are starting to resemble Last Man Standing, tbf. Depends who's still walking without crutches.

Burgey

Should be Dougeh but they won't pick him.

Dougeh.

Ruckus

International Captain
Yeah it is rather troubling...the list now:

Cummins
Johnson
Cutting
Copeland *
Harris *
Butterworth *
NCN *

+ Siddle, Pattinson and Watson with niggles.

Any other potential candidates I've missed?
----------------------------------------
*Not sure if still injured.

Ruckus

International Captain
Should be Dougeh but they won't pick him.

Dougeh.
Yeah I have no idea what the new selectors thoughts on him are, but he should definately be the first option. Some good signs I guess that he has at least been given a go in one of the tour matches.

Burgey

Hilf took a wicket recently, deserves a chance.
There's actually am article on the CA site saying Hilf pressed his claim by bowling well in Perth last night.

I kid you not.

Anyway, Melbourne taking on increasing significance with Sydney's weather so far this summer. Doesn't look like it will stop raining.

ajdude

International Coach
did craddock just say that hughes has a better technique than khawaja or was I hearing things

Spikey

i've literally never heard or read something decent from craddock

that said, usman isn't the guy with the perfect technique everyone (read: average aus fan) likes to make out. i'm not sure how he got that rep. because he's sucky at list a?

ajdude

International Coach
why is he on inside cricket, fml

and you're right, the public heard he has a good pull shot, immediate comparison with ponting ensues

@Burgey, yeah I wasn't sure if he said better technique or record, initially I thought he said technique but I figured that's even silly for craddock standards

Burgey

Blewett just said Kohli is a star. So he's been into the Christmas grog as well.

/Jono

sreeku7

School Boy/Girl Captain
Chappelli is on record as saying you bat your best at 3 yet with his brother in side, that most definitely was not him.

Which is why, for the love of God, Clarke should not bat at 3 but stay at 5, even if he is the team's best bat right now. Pitchforking Clarke in at first-drop against the moving ball strikes me as potentially a disastrous move. Watto434me.
1. Probably Ian thought he was the best in the side :D

2.There you have a point.If the weather is like what it is now the moving ball may be a problem for Clarke.Australia should do well by picking up three openers and playing one of them at No.3

Burgey

Sick of these wanker designated cheer squads at cricket tbh, and I include the Australian ones in that. **** me no end.