• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in South Africa 2011/12

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Watching this test today you have to wonder whether some batsmen have collectively forgotten how to play test cricket, the standard of batting of late has been woeful.
Let me know if you get the answer, man. I swear sometimes I feel that the off-stump has wheels underneath! :D

Spark

Global Moderator
Tell you what though that would've been a bloody gun nut to a top order batsman - pitched middle and leg, hit top of off.

They all count the same though.

Nigel Benjamin

U19 12th Man
Wonder who Smith is going to open with? Rudolph won't be allowed to open as he's been off the field for to long.

AND STEYN the stain!!!!

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Haha, they're just unfair deliveries to bowl to tailenders. How the hell is a number 11 meant to keep that out?

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Amla is logical choice but I wouldn't mind seeing Morne have another go. Still 40 overs left in the day, that was short and sweet. Last 6 went in less than 30 balls.

Spark

Global Moderator
Haha, they're just unfair deliveries to bowl to tailenders. How the hell is a number 11 meant to keep that out?
I honestly think that even if you were a quality #3 in nick and you got out (LBW) to those you'd just shake your head and say "fair play, too good". To the SL #10 and #11, then...

Spark

Global Moderator
Philander must be wondering why everyone thinks Tests are meant to be difficult.

Praveen Kumar.
I put PK in the same category is Steyn in that he just looks so utterly offended at being made to bat he deliberately bats like a lunatic to spite the "real" batsman. (edit: moron the wrong word)

Herath just bats like a loon regardless of situation.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
I'm still laughing at the ball Steyn bowled for Fernando. It's just a killer ball regardless of batsman, but to Dilhara Fernando...

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
I put PK in the same category is Steyn in that he just looks so utterly offended at being made to bat he deliberately bats like a moron to spite the "real" batsman.

Herath just bats like a loon regardless of situation.
Steyn likes batting; he actually wants to bat higher and it was only last month he saved South Africa from losing by an innings at Cape Town.