• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in South Africa 2011/12

Garson007

State Vice-Captain
I await the toss. It will be interesting to see who bats first. If SA bats first and tumble before the end of the day then SL will be in a good position.

Lostman

State Captain
:lol:
This wont happen obv.
It seems so improbable, that it must happen (if that makes any sense...)

Anyway after much statistical analysis, tea leaves reading and simulations involving perturbation theory, I have come up with a 5 point strategy that will allow SL to make me $ in five days.

1. Win the toss and bat. Doesn't matter if the wicket is green and submerged like a paddy field, Just bat.
  2. Get to 200. Edges to 3rd man, leg byes, wild slashes all count the same on the scoreboard. Obviously, counting on at least 5% of Para's ***y leaves to be dropped by Boucher allowing for byes.
  3. Keep SA only to a lead of ~200. Fernando to bowl so much crap it would even surprise the SA batsmen.
  4. Easy part now. Sanga double to knock off the deficit and others can chip in another 175-225 on an easier day 3/4 pitch.
  5. Depending on run rates, SA might have no time to chase, so a draw is on. Or SA will choke it up against Herath on a day 5 pitch.

Himannv

International Coach

Anyway after much statistical analysis, tea leaves reading and simulations involving perturbation theory, I have come up with a 5 point strategy that will allow SL to make me $ in five days.

1. Win the toss and bat. Doesn't matter if the wicket is green and submerged like a paddy field, Just bat.
  2. Get to 200. Edges to 3rd man, leg byes, wild slashes all count the same on the scoreboard. Obviously, counting on at least 5% of Para's ***y leaves to be dropped by Boucher allowing for byes.
  3. Keep SA only to a lead of ~200. Fernando to bowl so much crap it would even surprise the SA batsmen.
  4. Easy part now. Sanga double to knock off the deficit and others can chip in another 175-225 on an easier day 3/4 pitch.
  5. Depending on run rates, SA might have no time to chase, so a draw is on. Or SA will choke it up against Herath on a day 5 pitch.
This is the smartest plan I've seen written for the SL cricket team. I don't think what they've got at the moment is as good as this imo. Definitely the way to go along with checking for rain every few minutes.

smash84

The Tiger King

The main strategy should be for Dil**** to play the match like a T20.

smash84

The Tiger King
I await the toss. It will be interesting to see who bats first. If SA bats first and tumble before the end of the day then SL will be in a good position.
It doesn't seem very plausible with the fearsome SL attack boasting the likes of Dilhara Fernando and co

Briony

International Debutant
Sangakkara is fit while SA retains its losing team from the second test against Australia.

smash84

The Tiger King
I like this commentary on cricinfo

"Steyn to Dilshan, no run, he starts with a leave outside off as Steyn probes away outside off stump, back of a length. This pitch has more carry than all the pitches in Sri Lanka put together"

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The first ODI will be in Paarl. Can Saffie members confirm that's the pretty ground up near the vineyards with the big rocky mountain next to it?