• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in South Africa 2011/12

Lostman

State Captain
Suddenly have a feeling SL will do alright.
A draw is at +300, and a SL win is +800, both odds for the first test.
I have found being a contrarian gambler is good for my long term profit, but given the injuries and history this one I am avoiding.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Had a feeling he wouldn't play so got on SA when their odds were 1.57 so got on. Figured the odds would collapse once news came that he'd definitely be out, but its only fallen to 1.51 now.

Think I'll get on again.

Quaggas

State Captain
^^ Is this certain? From an interview Sunday (Kumar hits back at SA critics) is seems like he'll still play.

"Sangakkara also played down any thought he would not be fit for the first Test, after splitting the webbing between his fingers on his right hand when fielding at backward point during the South African innings. Kaushal Silva wore the gloves during the warmup game.

"It just happened yesterday [Saturday], I've got three stitches in there and hopefully over the next three or four days it will settle. We can't really say for certain, but the physio will keep an eye on it and we'll see how it goes," he said.

Himannv

International Coach
If he plays maybe it would not be as big a defeat as expected. Perhaps we may have a slim chance of getting to the 5th day.

Woodster

International Captain
Trying to find some hope for SL in this series, but really struggling. The obvious worries about their bowling attack are now compounded by the injury doubt of Kumar Sangakkara, this one looks like it's going to be one-way traffic.

Best hope for SL is for the batting to find some way to fire, Dilshan has to lead from the front and the returning Samaraweera to go out there and prove a point. Angelo Mathews is developing nicely with the bat, but the SA conditions will no trouble them all, not forgetting the quality of the SA attack. If SL can somehow muster big first innings' totals and try and pressure SA with runs on the board, maybe their bowling attack can have some success, but SA are going to take some stopping in this series.

Lostman

State Captain
^ :laugh:

Anyway, I had been really critical of the SL team in recent times, but it is good on them that they have not bitched about not getting paid despite working for 8 months. Not many people would have stayed quite about this for such a long time.:)

On a less serious note, good to see that they are still staying positive

Develop the fielding first and then worry about a finding a fast bowler that would need 6 slips.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
^ :laugh:

Anyway, I had been really critical of the SL team in recent times, but it is good on them that they have not bitched about not getting paid despite working for 8 months. Not many people would have stayed quite about this for such a long time.:)

On a less serious note, good to see that they are still staying positive

Develop the fielding first and then worry about a finding a fast bowler that would need 6 slips.
Not being paid for 8 months is totally ridiculous. Kudos to the Sri Lankan team that they are still playing.

Migara

International Coach
Dale would better pitch them up. When it gets high, the missing balls will go to the keeper. When you pitch it up, missing ones will hit the timber.

Prad100w

U19 Cricketer
Trying to find some hope for SL in this series, but really struggling. The obvious worries about their bowling attack are now compounded by the injury doubt of Kumar Sangakkara, this one looks like it's going to be one-way traffic.

Best hope for SL is for the batting to find some way to fire, Dilshan has to lead from the front and the returning Samaraweera to go out there and prove a point. Angelo Mathews is developing nicely with the bat, but the SA conditions will no trouble them all, not forgetting the quality of the SA attack. If SL can somehow muster big first innings' totals and try and pressure SA with runs on the board, maybe their bowling attack can have some success, but SA are going to take some stopping in this series.
SA are good at digging holes for themselves. Probably the most inconsistent of the top sides.
That's where the chance lies for Srilanka to escape.

Lostman

State Captain
SL players are finally getting paid tomorrow.

And **** it, I have thrown money at worse things.
Just put $30 for SL to win the test and $20 for draw. (+700 and +350 each)