• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Worth adding Prior into this discussion as you could argue he is particularly strong against spin.
Scored some decent runs in SL versus Murali tbf.

Worst of the top seven tho. Wouldn't like to see Strauss having to begin against spin until his feet get going either, moot point as that probably is.

ganeshran

International Debutant
I thought you was talking about ODi's tbh.
By poor, I meant Harbhajan and Mishra who bowled tripe in the test matches. In the ODI series in England Ashwin and Jadeja didnt get hammered and bowled wonderfully in the series at home.

Jacknife

International Captain
I didnt say they are crap, I said they are not adept at playing spin. Much better at facing seam bowling
I know you didn't, you said, '... have many players not adept at playing spin', I just wondered who you thought those players were, that's all.

ganeshran

International Debutant
I know you didn't, you said, '... have many players not adept at playing spin', I just wondered who you thought those players were, that's all.
More than half the ODI side is very poor against spin as evident by the collapses on turners in India. The test team though a lot better than the ODI counterparts, IMO is susceptible to quality spin bowling with men all round the bat. Cook, Trott and Strauss will find it challenging to negotiate Ajmal on turners.

L Trumper

State Regular
More than half the ODI side is very poor against spin as evident by the collapses on turners in India. The test team though a lot better than the ODI counterparts, IMO is susceptible to quality spin bowling with men all round the bat. Cook, Trott and Strauss will find it challenging to negotiate Ajmal on turners.
Cook really? Probably the best against spin [never failed not even in India or SL]

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
News is Junaid Khan has recovered and should be up and running in a week's time....hope he shows up for England series. Junaid, Cheema, Gul along with Ajmal.....not as bad as it looks really....but it would have been nice to have Wahab in there...

Batting wise I think Hafeez and Toufee should continue but I am not a big fan of Shafiq anymore...don't know what wrong with him...but Umar Akmal should get a recall in the test side imo.

Xuhaib

International Coach
despite our recent improvements I will once again repeat that we are atleast 2 World class cricketers away from challenging England. An aggressive middle order batsman not a Sehwag or KP but atleast an Ian Bell or AB Devilliers and one world class fast bowler.But if things do align I feel Pakistan is still capable of taking a test match out of this series.

smash84

The Tiger King
despite our recent improvements I will once again repeat that we are atleast 2 World class cricketers away from challenging England. An aggressive middle order batsman not a Sehwag or KP but atleast an Ian Bell or AB Devilliers and one world class fast bowler.But if things do align I feel Pakistan is still capable of taking a test match out of this series.
You mean it will be a two test series then?

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
I agree, but I am putting my faith in this team to punch above their weight...and I do feel in UAE they will have some advantage due to playing conditions...

I would select Umar Akmal over Shafiq for tests as well...

Bowling wise Junaid has to show the type of performance that he seemed to promise...

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Have you seen Toffee against the spinners. He has been clueless, and so Swann will eat him alive (as the Bangladeshi fans would say).

smash84

The Tiger King
The former middle-order batsman warned Andrew Strauss’ side to be watchful of Pakistan bowlers as they are capable of taking 20 wickets in a Test, a problem England did not have to worry about against the likes of Australia and India.

:laugh:

“But what makes England vulnerable against Pakistan is they have the power to take 20 wickets, something you never felt Australia and India possessed during the Ashes or last summer,” said Vaughan.

ganeshran

International Debutant
Vaughan's right. Pakistan bowling attack is usually very formidable in Sharjah/Dubai where other sides struggle to get purchase.