• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in India

Who is a better option for India at No. 6 for the WI series?

• Total voters

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Ahh nothing better than a home ODI series against WI and England to inflate a few averages and climb up the rankings. :p

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ahh nothing better than a home ODI series against WI and England to inflate a few averages and climb up the rankings. :p
WI have been a lot more competitive so far though. Rampaul, WAG. Reminded me of that knock by Russel when we were in WI. Scored 90 odd iirc.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Gambhir has been in pretty dismal form of late. Need him and Sehwag firing in Austraia to have any impact. Watching Sharma reel of such scores I kind of think he is ready to stake his claim in tests.
Yeah he has got his fitness right and also his temperament. The talent was there in abundance already.

If this continues won't be surprised, if by the end of the Australia series he gets ahead of Kohli in the test team.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
"McGrath is my hero. I am inspired by him and trying to bowl like him."
India fast-bowler Umesh Yadav has high aspirations

Couldn't have chosen a better player to try and emulate. Good on him. Long way to go obviously but at least he's got his idols right.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
"McGrath is my hero. I am inspired by him and trying to bowl like him."
India fast-bowler Umesh Yadav has high aspirations

Couldn't have chosen a better player to try and emulate. Good on him. Long way to go obviously but at least he's got his idols right.
Let's just hope he doesn't go the Munaf Patel way- reduces pace and loses edge (and thus his place in the side, but for somebody's backing). For an aggressive fast bowler like him, Allan Donald or Curtly Ambrose would be a better role model.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Why not play Rohit Sharma as a stock spinner? He's fit enough to send down more than a few overs and has got wickets with attacking deliveries. Good partner for Ashwin. That will make him a better contender for the dreaded Number Six spot in Tests and also weed out passengers like Jadeja from the ODI side. The option hasn't really been explored, for some reason.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Mithun may be the mouse in this game. He's only as fast as Vinay Kumar, lacks line and length, and isn't much without the ball. Already the pressure built up by Vinay and Umesh has been relieved in Mithun's first over.