• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official New Zealand Domestic Cricket 2011/2012 ***

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
This is true. They've gone from reigning champions to the greenest-looking side in the comp. Fulton hasn't scored many this season either.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
That he the next Saviour of New Zealand Cricket of course!

... and that video on the first page of this thread. Pity the person with the camera chopped off his head and arms

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Wagner continues to take ****loads of wickets at a high economy rate.
I'd be interested to see him and Boult bowling in the same side. Similar in some ways I'm sure, but Boult keeps the runs down and is consistent while Wagner probably a bit looser but takes a few more wickets.

They are potentially competing for the same spot in the test side once Wagner qualifies. Though it's also possible they could both play if we go Southee, Bracewell, Boult, Wagner.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Of course, injuries will occur at some point, so it is good that we are getting what looks like some depth in our bowling ranks.

I would hope that we would give one of the challengers a run against Zimbabwe in the test match, rather than a 20/20. 20/20 really reveals nothing about what a bowler could potentially do in a five-day game.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I'd be interested to see him and Boult bowling in the same side. Similar in some ways I'm sure, but Boult keeps the runs down and is consistent while Wagner probably a bit looser but takes a few more wickets.

They are potentially competing for the same spot in the test side once Wagner qualifies. Though it's also possible they could both play if we go Southee, Bracewell, Boult, Wagner.
Unless both Bracewell and Southee seriously improve their batting I have some difficulty believing that we'd pick 4 steamers regularly.

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
Unless both Bracewell and Southee seriously improve their batting I have some difficulty believing that we'd pick 4 steamers regularly.
Wagner's handy with the bat I believe. And Bracewell wouldn't be out of depth batting at 8.

Jacknife

International Captain
Neil Wagner continues to take ****loads of wickets at a high economy rate.
He's getting them through the pressure being built up at the other end from Finny.:ph34r:
Surprised the big lad hasn't got more wickets tbh, he's only been going for about 2.5 rpo in most matches but it seems him bowling without much luck seems to have followed him to NZ from India. He got 5 in his first game but only 1 in the last 2 innings he's bowled, I bet he'll be a little disappointed with his returns but it's all good experience for him at the end of the day.

What's this Wagner bowl like, I've never seen him, he's certainly got a really good record behind him in first class cricket, even though he's been a bit on the expensive side this year he gets plenty of wickets.

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
He's getting them through the pressure being built up at the other end from Finny.:ph34r:
Surprised the big lad hasn't got more wickets tbh, he's only been going for about 2.5 rpo in most matches but it seems him bowling without much luck seems to have followed him to NZ from India. He got 5 in his first game but only 1 in the last 2 innings he's bowled, I bet he'll be a little disappointed with his returns but it's all good experience for him at the end of the day.

What's this Wagner bowl like, I've never seen him, he's certainly got a really good record behind him in first class cricket, even though he's been a bit on the expensive side this year he gets plenty of wickets.
He's short, quick without being genuinely fast (I'd guess 137 to 145), and can generate quite pronounced outswing (and he can reverse it too). He also tends to bowl an awful lot of loose rubbish, as typified by his atrocious economy rate in T20. Also good at bowling yorkers. Check out the video of him taking 5 wickets in an over on youtube.