• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Australia 2011

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So was I. :)

Had one Test on an absolute road, one where he bowled with a bung hamstring and he performed admirably in the other three, getting key wickets.

EDIT: His ability to get the best batsman out was vastly underated imo, both in his ODI and 5 Test Career.
His hair was vastly over-rated.

There I said it.

morgieb

Deal.

Think I'll be OK so as long as the weather doesn't hit. If 1 day is heavily hit by weather, the deal is off, like if Ryder doesn't play.
Actually, I'm out. The bet I feel is unfair if Australia is missing half their lineup, whereas the Kiwis are at full-strength.

EDIT: Meh, it's still on.

Last edited:

morgieb

Cop it ****.
Let's just say that the boot was in the other foot and New Zealand had Bracewell, Williamson, Vettori, Martin and Southee out. And Boult wasn't selected. Would you have backed out of a bet? Serious question, not just being a **** for the sake of it. Hurricane wanted the bet void if Ryder wasn't fit, iirc, and that's just ONE player, not 5.

Then again, Harris is never 100%, Cummins wasn't expected to have such a big role, and Johnson is Johnson....

Athlai

Not Terrible
Let's just say that the boot was in the other foot and New Zealand had Bracewell, Williamson, Vettori, Martin and Southee out. And Boult wasn't selected. Would you have backed out of a bet? Serious question, not just being a **** for the sake of it. Hurricane wanted the bet void if Ryder wasn't fit, iirc, and that's just ONE player, not 5.

Then again, Harris is never 100%, Cummins wasn't expected to have such a big role, and Johnson is Johnson....
It's an avatar FFS. Man up.

And of course I'd follow through, it's a bit of a fun.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach

You made a bet, be a man and deal with the consequences. It's not like your life is on the line or anything.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

Australia's fitness concerns were all part of the bet though. Cop it ****.

Spikey

i've reviewed the bet and it's on. Doesn't matter if Ryder or Clarke or your mum pulls out.

BeeGee

International Captain
Could be a surprisingly close series. Aus still comfortable favourites, but a Kiwi win wouldn't be the huge upset it would have been in the past.

Those bowling selections are great for NZ, as the Kiwi batsmen have had plenty of time to get used to the new bowlers, and they'll be able to enjoy the practice tomorrow also.

adub

International Captain
Siddle and Pattinson looks to be a lock.

Probably right, just too many * going by Copeland's name. I'd say his test career is over unless he can gain some pace. With Hazlewood going solid that could be the final nail in the coffin as he is the same as Copeland but with more pace.
I agree with that. He has struggled to get wickets lately (not his fault today though). Hazelwood I rate higher than even Cummins of the young quicks. As I said in the Domestic thread he has a massive amount of the McGraths about him. Similar easy approach to the wicket, smooth tall delivery, gets close to the stumps, great control, bowls that nagging line and length, keeps the runs down.

He won't provide the marathon spells Copeland is capable of, but will still get through plenty of work and will take lots of wickets. Real good.

Still think Copes should be playing in Brisbane though.

adub

International Captain
I think it will be Siddle and Starc opening the bowling with Pattinson first change. I'm excited about the XI we've picked. Everyone apart from say Clarke has a big reason to perform or else they've get dropped when the injured quartet and maybe Johnson, get fit.
True dat. It will make a nice change from guys playing with the confidence that any old crap they turn out won't cost them at the selection table. We'll either fold like a cheap picnic table or smash the kiwis by an innings and.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
FFS WTF are the ****ing selectors doing.

Stupid chumps. Pick the best 11. The best 11 has Copeland in it you ****s.

And I was in such a good mood taking 4/36 today.

Oh it's raining in Brisbane now btw, and it is set in rain.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Looking on the bright side, at least the selectors have taken a broom to dead wood like Hilf and picked a team with the future in mind as IMO, there is little doubt that Warner, Pattinson and Starc are all exceptionally talented, have solid basics and are potentially future stars

Given that mindset, I can come to terms with the omission of Copeland but still cannot fathom the selection of Lyon as, at best, we are looking at a bowler who will average 30-35 in his career and take 2-3 wickets per match

As such, if you are going to pick the likes of Starc, then you might as well go the whole way and pick a Smith or Boyce as your spinner because they tick similar boxes