• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Australia 2011

Spark

Global Moderator
Mm, I reckon if it were any other Test bowler, Cummins would've played, but they're taking a velvet gloves approach to him.

Spark

Global Moderator
Its been suggested to me (not by any reliable source, mind) that this 'sore heel' is actually a back injury. Hopefully not the case.

Shame to see Copeland and Cowan miss out, especially since Cowan has out-batted Warner thus far in the Aus A game.
You shouldn't pick players on the basis of one game, especially when both have done well.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Mm, I reckon if it were any other Test bowler, Cummins would've played, but they're taking a velvet gloves approach to him.
Yeah I reckon they've basically just decided to rest him but didn't want to say that because it's a Test. He probably does have a niggle or two but my gut feel says he could play comfortably if they weren't thinking long-term.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I would pick Cowan based purely on what he'd write about the experience.

Wouldn't disgrace himself, one feels.

EDIT: On Cummins, bowling with a bruised heel is the the most annoying injury ever so not surprised they're giving him a rest. You feel fine but as soon as you try to run...... Worse, it's one of those that if you don't rest it, it'll last almost as painful until you do. **** of an injury.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
TumTum will surely clarify this.

Anyway it doesn't count! Cutting is nowhere NEAR the Test team.
For a while I've thought Australian cricket was over-criticised and judged more on quality relative to former Australian teams than quality relative to the rest of the world currently.. but injuries or not, when Cutting makes the side and Siddle is comfortably the best bowler playing then the team really is pretty poor. Jumped the shark, I reckon.

Top_Cat

For a while I've thought Australian cricket was over-criticised and judged more on quality relative to former Australian teams than quality relative to the rest of the world currently.. but injuries or not, when Cutting makes the side and Siddle is comfortably the best bowler playing then the team really is pretty poor. Jumped the shark, I reckon.
Indeed. Reckon the batters should consider taking the pressure off the bowlers by.....batting well.

Flem274*

123/5
Australia have lost the plot. Apart from Siddle, their bowling is first class standard, and our batting is test standard (I never thought I would ever say that).

This is the first time I can honestly say if we lose to Australia, I will be pissed off.

The Australian batting remains class though, so we will need our inexperienced players to bowl well if we want to win.

Spikey

Australia have lost the plot. Apart from Siddle, their bowling is first class standard, and our batting is test standard (I never thought I would ever say that).

i don't like siddle either but calling his bowling even worse than first class standard is a bit rough