• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in India

Who is a better option for India at No. 6 for the WI series?

• Total voters

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Would love to see this line up play, ideally:

Gambhir
Sehwag
Rahane
Yuvraj
Rohit
Kohli
Dhoni (wk)
Ashwin
Rahul Sharma
Umesh Yadav
Aaron
Alternatively, I'd prefer to have all of Dravid, Tendulkar and Laxman in the side, with the bowler coming in for Yuvraj Singh. Best with experience, decently strong batting and a bowling attack more likely to take twenty wickets.

Let Rohit Sharma earn his Test spot.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I guess they could still play that line up minus Yuvraj. Sachin will slot in at 4. No way is he gonna be rested for a test match at home. I am calling him getting his 100th in front of his home crowd. The stars can't be aligned any better.
Apart from World Cup Final at home, Lords in battle between 2 best sides in world, ...

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah Marc.. With all due respect to Lords, I think Sachin would much prefer to do it in front of his home crowd. It just means more to the folks over here.
We're not doing a good job of showing it though :p

But yeah he's had some pretty nice venues to be able to score that 100th 100. First in the WC final in Mumbai, followed up by Lords, then Eden Gardens, again Mumbai, and if he misses out there then Boxing day test match at Melbourne.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Fletcher's opening words to him were: "I want to see you play for India in a Test match because I have heard so many things about you. It is very unfortunate that you have still not played a Test match." Rohit narrates this shortly before the start of the second day's play in Mumbai and Karnataka's Ranji Trophy match at the Brabourne stadium.

West Indies in India 2011-12: Rohit Sharma says he has learned his game | Cricket Features | India v West Indies | ESPN Cricinfo

Explains Rohit's selection more,I guess.

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Fletcher's opening words to him were: "I want to see you play for India in a Test match because I have heard so many things about you. It is very unfortunate that you have still not played a Test match." Rohit narrates this shortly before the start of the second day's play in Mumbai and Karnataka's Ranji Trophy match at the Brabourne stadium.

West Indies in India 2011-12: Rohit Sharma says he has learned his game | Cricket Features | India v West Indies | ESPN Cricinfo

Explains Rohit's selection more,I guess.
Welcome news! :cheers: Now that's a step in the right direction.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
I hope Rohit injures himself 15 minutes before his test debut just like last time.

Virat should get a game ahead of Rohit for sure, even Rahane would be nice.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Badri got injured, i think.

Been extremely unlucky with the timing of his form and injuries throughout his career. And his treatment based on ODI's has been poor.:(

Also, Kohli seems pretty certain to play the game tomorrow.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Badri got injured, i think.

Been extremely unlucky with the timing of his form and injuries throughout his career. And his treatment based on ODI's has been poor.:(

Also, Kohli seems pretty certain to play the game tomorrow.
Pretty sure even if he was fit he wouldn't have made it. They didn't bring him to England and that seemed to be the final clue.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I do not hope he is given a chance. I am skeptical of his chances of significant (ie. more than 3 wickets in one innings & total failure in the other) success.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Can explain to me how squads work? I mean who decides the limit a squad for a tour can have? And is it the same for both teams or do some have more/less?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Can explain to me how squads work? I mean who decides the limit a squad for a tour can have? And is it the same for both teams or do some have more/less?
Down to the individual boards I'd have thought. For a touring team, you'd want the XI you'd hope would play each game, plus reserves to cover lack of form/injuries - how many reserves you pick depends on the length of the tour, how many reserves you think you might need and how many you can afford to take - bear in mind each player will need hotel accomodation, expenses and flights, so it's not cheap to take players halfway around the world.

The home team can pick as many as they want, but generally anything more than 13 would be too much - bear in mind that you can chop and change and call up players who are all based in the country anyway.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Ah okay, so there's no actual limit on how many people you can have then?

Will be interesting to see the Squad for Australia.

Sehwag
Gambhir
Dravid
Tendulkar
Laxman
Dhoni
Zaheer
Harby Singh
Praveen
Ishant
Umesh
Ifran (if fully fit)
Aswhin
Ohja
Virat
Rahane / Pujara

That's probably what I'd go with.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Would not take Harby. Taking him without him doing anything of note in the Ranji is a disgrace. Besides, once we bring him there, the selectors might be tempted to do an RP Singh and play him based on his previous exploits there.

Sehwag
Gambhir
Dravid
Sachin
Laxman
Pujara/Rahane
Dhoni
Zaheer
Praveen
Ishant
Ojha

--11--