• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Australia 2011

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Play five bowlers in the test as well. We have to give ourselves every opportunity of getting twenty wickets. **** draws and no offence to Brownlie, but if the top five get skittled then relying on runs from a batsman with one test behind him isn't a very good strategy.
Couldn't have put it better myself.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Maybe the selectors really will go with 5 bowlers. It's hard to imagine Brownlie getting a game at Brisbane having not played against Oz A. It'll probably depend on how our batsmen cope next week. Kind've wish this was one of those stupid 12 a side matches just so that we could see all the marginals get a game.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
^I agree with Bahnz this is a bad sign for Brownlie. They should have rested Williamson or Taylor or Vettori or one of the certainties.

After having watched all of one Trent Boult delivery on one network news replayed three times.:ph34r::ph34r:

I am less taken with his action compared to when I first saw Bracewell. FWIW.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I have booked time off work to watch the games on TV. I have been mocked at work. Just half days off though so I will miss the 1st hour. Better not rain now!

BeeGee

International Captain
Last edited:

BeeGee

International Captain
Is this potentially the best Test top 5 batting lineup NZ has ever had?
Better than the Richardson, Vincent, Fleming, Astle, McMillan lineup?

I think so. Averages between 36 - 44, all have scored test tons (17 between them), and they're all still young (McCullum the oldest at 30).

I'm looking forward to some big scores from these guys in this series.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Is this potentially the best Test top 5 batting lineup NZ has ever had?
Better than the Richardson, Vincent, Fleming, Astle, McMillan lineup?

I think so. Averages between 36 - 44, all have scored test tons (17 between them), and they're all still young (McCullum the oldest at 30).

I'm looking forward to some big scores from these guys in this series.
I remember a match - in England I think it was - where Fleming opened with Richardson and Styris slotted into that middle order as well. That was certainly a better top five than the one you posted IMO.

The current lot certainly have the potential to top them, but they aren't there yet IMO.

Mike5181

International Captain
I remember a match - in England I think it was - where Fleming opened with Richardson and Styris slotted into that middle order as well. That was certainly a better top five than the one you posted IMO.

The current lot certainly have the potential to top them, but they aren't there yet IMO.
Yeah, the best NZ batting line up i have seen was back in 04. They all had decent averages at that time as well.

1.Richardson- 47
2.Fleming- 39
3.Styris- 40
4.Astle- 38
5.McMillan- 40
6.Oram- 40
7.Cairns- 33.5
8.McCullum- 35
9.Vettori
10.Mills
11.Martin

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Need to take Cummins knees out. I tell you what, his captains are very brave with how many overs they make him bowl.

aussie tragic

International Captain
With Watto, Marsh and Harris possibly missing the first Test, Ponting may get a reprieve?

Hughes
Warner
Khawaja
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Wade
O'Keefe
Siddle
Copeland
Cummins

I know Lyons will be in, while Beer is next since he's in the Aus A team, but the side looks much better with O'Keefe in it