• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in India

Who is a better option for India at No. 6 for the WI series?

• Total voters

nsniks

State Vice-Captain
Would not be a bad idea to rest VVS from next match and play both Rohit and Kohli as VVS was having some back problems while batting.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, but he hasn't played any cricket for almost 6 months, so needs to prove his fitness and form.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
I really can't stress enough how desperate West Indies are for a World class keeper/batsman. It would literally transform us as a test team IMHO. The amount of times we collapse after the 5th wicket falls is so frustrating. The trouble is I really can't see one on the horizon. I thought Devon Thomas looked class at Under 19 level but he seems to be regressing at a rate of knots.

The bowling is coming a long reasonably well, the middle order is taking shape, we just need Gayle back and a keeper/batsman and we will be competitive against anyone.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I really can't stress enough how desperate West Indies are for a World class keeper/batsman. It would literally transform us as a test team IMHO. The amount of times we collapse after the 5th wicket falls is so frustrating. The trouble is I really can't see one on the horizon. I thought Devon Thomas looked class at Under 19 level but he seems to be regressing at a rate of knots.

The bowling is coming a long reasonably well, the middle order is taking shape, we just need Gayle back and a keeper/batsman and we will be competitive against anyone.
I've still got a lot of hope for Baugh, tbh. He was a batsman first and a keeper a distant second for a long time earlier in his career and the quality of his keeping was the only thing that really kept him out of the team. His keeping has quite obviously come on leaps and bounds in the last few years as he's been showing in his last Test stint but unfortunately his batting hasn't really come off at this level yet. I still think it could although admittedly I'm filled with less confidence in it after every failure.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
I've still got a lot of hope for Baugh, tbh. He was a batsman first and a keeper a distant second for a long time earlier in his career and the quality of his keeping was the only thing that really kept him out of the team. His keeping has quite obviously come on leaps and bounds in the last few years as he's been showing in his last Test stint but unfortunately his batting hasn't really come off at this level yet. I still think it could although admittedly I'm filled with less confidence in it after every failure.
Something doesn't look right with his batting on this tour so far. He just looks like he will get out any minute playing across the line. I would love him to come good because at domestic level he is a hugely entertaining batsman with a wide array of shots. Time is running out though, we need runs from our keeper too.

shankar

International Debutant
Pujara has recovered, he will play next round of Ranji matches
Ahh ok, thanks.

Should Ishant be rested to bring in Varun? Or may be they could prepare a wicket with some grass for the next one and test the 3 pacers and the new incoming batsman as well.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Would love to see this line up play, ideally:

Gambhir
Sehwag
Rahane
Yuvraj
Rohit
Kohli
Dhoni (wk)
Ashwin
Rahul Sharma
Umesh Yadav
Aaron

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
While i don't mind Rohit being selected, i can't still understand the selectors hatred for Badrinath.

And very good to see Yuvraj being dropped. Probably means he is out for the Australia tour as well.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
LOLwut? Indian team selection finally jumping the shark?
No.. Juz rest the big 3 and try out the youngsters, IMO.

I guess they could still play that line up minus Yuvraj. Sachin will slot in at 4. No way is he gonna be rested for a test match at home. I am calling him getting his 100th in front of his home crowd. The stars can't be aligned any better.