• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Australia 2011

Athlai

Not Terrible
Really wish Martin would get injured because he is acting as a roadblock for more talented youngsters (with bat and ball).

But he won't get injured. Ever. Because he is average, and in New Zealand cricket, you have to be good before you start getting injured (see Southee after his coming-of-age World Cup. Got injured straight-away. See?).
You can be a decent if not remarkable batsman and not get injured ala Taylor/Fleming/Astle though.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Was talking about bowlers, ITBT.

Based on my argument, Ryder is the greatest New Zealand batsmen ever. With the amount of injuries he has had, he really is New Zealand cricket.

Flem274*

123/5
In the U19 World Cup and the Champions League he was hovering at 137-138 most of the time with the odd quicker delivery thrown in, so I think you're right Bahnz.

I'm more interested in the swing he gets if conditions suit at Brisbane. The bloke can swing it a mile and a half on his day.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My thoughts atm:

New Zealand. Doesn't. Play. Enough. ****ing. Test. Matches. Hurry. Up. Please.
Agree. The sooner our toothless CEO stands aside for someone with a bit of guts to lead NZ cricket the better. We need another Snedden or Doig to fight & negotiate some test matches. Even the WIndies, Bang & Zim (let alone Pakistan) play more tests than NZ these days. We'll never get better playing if we only play 4-5 tests a year when other sides play 3 times that amount. Can't say the ICC seem to care either, it's all about $$$ for them.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
In the U19 World Cup and the Champions League he was hovering at 137-138 most of the time with the odd quicker delivery thrown in, so I think you're right Bahnz.

I'm more interested in the swing he gets if conditions suit at Brisbane. The bloke can swing it a mile and a half on his day.
Swings it, hits good lengths, heavy ball. He's an international bowler. I can't wait to watch him bowl at Brisbane in particular.

I'm certain Southee/Bracewell/Martin wil play in Brisbane. But I don't think he's guaranteed both ,if he bowls awfully at the Gabba. If we lose big, and he bowls crap, Boult has to come into the equation and then play Zim down there, then SA. I think Martin is bowling for his next Test in every Test.

And how he won the Hadlee Medal is beyond me. No it isn't actually, it was sentimental.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Play all 5 bowlers in the Test. Brownlie can sit out till the young guns mature/Martin retires.

Broom/Flynn can then fight it out for the 6th batting spot too.

Flem274*

123/5
Play five bowlers in the test as well. We have to give ourselves every opportunity of getting twenty wickets. **** draws and no offence to Brownlie, but if the top five get skittled then relying on runs from a batsman with one test behind him isn't a very good strategy.